Looking for a delicious back to school snack for kids? Try this yummy and easy nutty granola trail mix! It’s super simple to make and you can customize it based on what your child loves most. The oats, fruits and nuts pack a powerful energy punch to help get them through the afternoon slump. It’s especially handy for those first few weeks back, when kids are still adjusting to the new schedule! I know my kids are super tired by the time they get home from school. Let’s see how easy it is to make this back to school snack! Don’t forget to watch the live video below for detailed instructions.
Back to School Snack: Nutty Granola Trail Mix
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for the support.
- 4 C oats
- 3/4 C dried cranberries
- 3/4 C shredded coconut
- 3/4 C chopped nuts
- 3/4 C honey
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 C coconut oil
Watch this live video for detailed instructions:
- Add the oats, cranberries, coconut, and nuts in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the coconut oil to cool down just a little bit…. stir in the honey…mix well.
- Pour the coconut oil and honey mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Using your hands blend all ingredients together.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or use Pam spray.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Using a metal spatula gently lift and break the granola into pieces.
- Put in a lidded container….. store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
That’s it! With just a few minutes worth of work, you have a delicious back to school snack that lasts up to two weeks. Make a large batch so your child can enjoy it every day. When it runs out, try making it again with different dried fruits or other nuts to add a little variety.
Do you have any favorite back to school snacks that you make for your kids? Share them in the comments!