This thrifty Thanksgiving decor craft post contains affiliate links.
One of the easiest ways to decorate around the holidays is to take a vessel and fill it up with signs of the season. For example, a bowl, vase, candle holder, or glass filled with acorns can create some Thanksgiving harvest charm. If you have a yard full of acorns and are not sure what to do with them, take a look below at this simple DIY project, Glittered Acorn Bowl Fillers. These acorns are full of color, sparkle, and shine and look so lovely gathered in a vase or bowl. People will think you paid big buck boutique prices for them, but you will know better. In fact, with a simple trip to the dollar store you can whip these up for pennies. Take a look below at how to make your very own Glittered Acorn Bowl Fillers this holiday season.
Thrifty Thanksgiving Decor:Glittered Acorn Bowl Fillers
- Assorted acorns with caps on
- Craft glue
- Paint brush
- Fine craft glitter
We found handfuls of acorns in our yard for free. If you don’t have any, just ask a neighbor or friend if they have some they are willing to send your way. We also found craft glue, brushes, and even the fine craft glitter in the crafting section of our local Dollar Tree store. Give your own dollar tree store a visit and see what materials they may have available before you buy elsewhere.
Directions for this Thrifty Thanksgiving decor craft:
- Wipe each acorn off with a damp cloth to remove and dirt and debris. Then, dry each one well.
- Apply a thin coat of craft glue to each acorn, making sure you have covered the entire BOTTOM half. Leave the cap or top of the acorn dry.
- Pinch the top of the acorn and place it on a paper towel or old newspaper. Sprinkle the fine glitter over it, covering all sides. Roll the acorn in any access glitter to cover any bare spots.
- Set each acorn on a paper towel or newspaper to dry. This can take several hours, so be patient. Otherwise, you can smudge your glitter.
Now, you can use these glittered acorn bowl fillers in a variety of ways. You can fill a vase and then add faux flowers or branches of various sizes. Or, you can fill a candle holder and insert a battery operated candle for a sparkly glow. You can divide the assorted colors into vases of all different sizes and gather. Add a strand of clear dental floss and hang these sparkling gems from doorways. Last but not least you can arrange these in a shallow dish and set out on an end table.
Guests won’t be able to come by and not noticed these glittering little acorns. They are so sweet and charming and a fun way to usher in the Thanksgiving harvest! So gather your supplies and give this simple DIY a try. There is no limit to the different decorating ideas you will be able to come up with!
Happy Thanksgiving, and happy crafting! Looking for more easy Thrifty Thanksgiving Decor ideas? Check out these gorgeous DIY napkin rings!