Celebrating the 4th of July is one of the best days spent in summer. School is out, the weather is amazing and there is plenty of daylight to spend time outdoors! Of course, the best part of this day is the fireworks. If you are planning a 4th of July party this year, you may be looking for some ways to really make your bash stand out. If so, you’ve come to the right place! We’ll give you all sorts of party ideas, including food, drinks and decor to wow your guests. Here are our favorite 4th of July party ideas to ensure this year’s party is better than any others!
4th of July Party Ideas Your Guests Will Love
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
No party is a good party without food! Here are some food ideas to consider for your 4th of July party.
1. BBQ bar
Who doesn’t like BBQ on a hot summer day? Fire up the grill and get to cooking! A BBQ bar allows your guests to make their own BBQ-filled plate. You can grill mini hamburgers, mini cheeseburgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, pulled chicken, and so much more! Aside from the meats, don’t forget to provide rolls, buns and of course a selection of condiments!
2. Red, White and Blue Sparkler Cake
Make your 4th of July party extra sweet with a confetti cake topped with sparklers.
What you’ll need
- white cake mix
- red, white and blue sprinkles
Making the cake
- Use the instructions on the box to create the cake batter. Add in a few tablespoons of sprinkles to color the cake.
- After baked, ice the cake and then add sprinkles around the entire cake. Add sparklers to the top and voila!
3. Fruit pizza
Take advantage all the tasty red and blue summer fruits and make a fruit pizza for dessert! It’s super easy to whip up, making it perfect for last-minute gatherings.
An outdoor party on a warm day means drinks will be much needed!
4. Sparkling berry lemonade
What you need
- ice cube tray
- seltzer water
- lemonade mix
- Put strawberries and blueberries into an ice cube tray. Fill the tray with water and freeze.
- Mix lemonade mix, water, and seltzer water together in a pitcher. Add ice cubes to keep it cold!
You can also add a little fun to it for kids by tossing in some Nerds candy, like we did in our tropical strawberry lemonade!
For your 4th of July party, you’ll want to go all out using red, white, and blue. Here are a few fun decor items: Clear balloons filled with red, white, and blue confetti
5. A DIY American flag backdrop made using ribbon
6. Spray-painted sticks put in jars to look like fireworks
7. Mason jars painted with stars and stripes
8. Red, white and blue flowers!
9. Use ribbon, twine, fabric and even scrapbook paper to create patriotic utensil holders that really stand out!
As long as you incorporate plenty of red, white and blue into your 4th of July party, you really can’t go wrong! We love to throw our party during the day, then head over to the fireworks together at night.