As soon as the snow melts and warm weather starts peeking, I find myself longing for delicious nonalcoholic drinks to satisfy my thirst. Obviously, water is my go to drink to do so but when I am relaxing on my deck sipping tasty summer drinks, I like indulging in a colorful mocktail recipe. It makes me feel like I am on a beach or far far away from the city. I feel on vacation. Don’t you agree? Sometimes, a nice drink, a relaxing summer chair, and a good book are all that I need to relax. For this upcoming summer season, I tried this delicious mermaid punch mocktail recipe. My daughter went nuts when she saw it. It is totally cute and so easy to make!
Mermaid Punch Mocktails for Kids
Serving size 2 8oz glasses
This post contains affiliate link. Thanks for the support.
- 1 bottle of Welches Watermelon juice
- 1 cup of Pineapple Juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- Lime slices for garnish
- Sanding sugar ( green )
- Simple Syrup
- Decorating your glasses: using two appetizer plates pour out the sanding sugar on one and simple syrup on the other
- Take your glassware and dip the rims in the simple syrup and then the sanding sugar and set to the side
- Fill your glasses with ice 3/4 of the way full
- Pour your Welches juice 1/2 way full in each glass
- Now add your pineapple juice on top of the Welches juice
- Top off your drink with the fresh lime juice
- Add your lime slices for garnish and add one on top
This mermaid-inspired virgin drink is so easy to make. Little one had fun preparing the ingredients and drinking it! Once the snow melts (hopefully, it will be sooner than later), we will pull out a nice chair, a book, some background music and enjoy this delicious summer drink!
For other summer drinks for kids (and you!), take a look at these:
- Coconut Punch Drink for Kids Inspired by The Jungle Book
- Love Bug Punch Recipe
- Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Summer Drink Recipe
Do you have any favorite go-to summer drinks? Tell us your favorite mocktail recipes in the comments!