We, at OurFamilyWorld love movies, especially cute movies such as Zootopia. That’s why we share the news about them, some quotes from the movies, etc. We also love making cupcakes or drinks inspired by these movies! They are so cute and fun to make (and eat obviously). For the release of the Zootopia movie, I made these easy cupcakes.
For this Zootopia inspired cupcake recipe, I used a muffin base and topped it with cream cheese. You can top it with buttercream too, if you prefer. My kids love cream cheese a lot that’s why I chose it. Kids can help you in the baking and decorating process. I know my daughter loves that and is always eager to bake (and taste the batter). Even when her friends come over for a playdate, they ask for a baking session. I love watching them doing it because they pretend they are contestants at Master Chef, and they compete. It is too funny to watch. Anyways, I made these cupcakes that I topped with some figurines inspired from Zootopia movie. I used a fox figurine.
Zootopia Inspired Cupcake Recipe
Affiliate links included below.
Muffin base ingredients
- Buttercream or cream cheese for topping
- Zoo Animal Figures to top
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line the muffin cavities with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs (one by one) and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones, using a wooden spoon. Alternate with milk.
- Add the apples.
- Spoon the batter in the cavities
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and dry.
- Let it cool and decorate as you wish.
The great thing about this Zootopia inspired cupcake recipe? It’s actually more like a muffin, which means it’s not quite as sugary for your kids. If you go with the cream cheese icing, you’ll save even more sugar. Want to sweeten the cream cheese a bit? Just whip it with a teaspoon of honey.