While the end of the school year is still over six weeks away here in the Poconos (thanks to Mother Nature and all the snow days), summer will still be here before we know it. Those weeks will fly by. Kids in other areas are already getting out. My nieces and nephews in Indiana get out much earlier! Whether your kids are out today or still stuck inside for another month, this mixed-up TruMoo Double Chocolate Pudding Pops idea will have them celebrating!
Remember those old-school pudding pops that we used to love when we were kids? I can’t find them ANYWHERE now! So I decided to make my own. This is such a fun way to celebrate the end of the year! Surprise your kids on the last day of school with this fun TruMoo Mixed Up Pudding Pops bar! Have it all set up and ready to go! After all, nothing says “summer” like a cool, tasty treat!
Mixed-Up TruMoo Double Chocolate Pudding Pops
What you need:
- TruMoo Chocolate Milk
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Your choice of stir-ins (we used mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and banana pieces to make sort of a banana split pop)
- An imagination!
2. Follow the directions on the pudding mix, but use your TruMoo in place of the regular milk. Stop at the part where it tells you to put it in the fridge. Thankfully, since you’re skipping that step, you have a little more than 5 minutes to work! Mine set in about ten minutes outside the fridge, but I think it really depends on how hot or cold it is in your house.
3. Pour some of the pudding mixture into a measuring cup with a little lip spout. Trust me, you want to do this. It makes it so much easier to pour into the molds. 4. Pour a little pudding mix into each ice pop mold, then let your kids add the mix-ins of their choice. Tell them not to overdo it, you want to leave plenty of room for more pudding mix! IF everyone agrees that every pop should be the same, you can stir your mix-ins into the measuring cup itself and spoon the mix into the molds. It’s more fun to make it a make-your-own pudding pop event, though, in my opinion.
5. Top off each pop mold with more pudding, insert the stick and freeze for about three hours. Run the mold under warm water to get it out, then enjoy!
Fun variations for your TruMoo Mixed-Up Pudding Pops Other mix-in ideas include: finely chopped nuts, dried fruits, crushed cookies, crushed graham cracker pie crust, or carob chips (for a healthier spin on chocolate chips).
Not a fan of chocolate? Use Vanilla or Strawberry TruMoo and vanilla pudding mix to make different flavors! Or Vanilla TruMoo with, say, Pistachio Pudding mix. The flavor possibilities are endless. Alter your mix-ins to complement the different flavor.
Even if I do find those pudding pops in stores again, I won’t need to buy them now that I know how easy it is to make my own. Especially since I tasted them made with TruMoo Chocolate Milk! Oh, my, goodness! They’re double-chocolate pudding pop dreams come true!
We always have TruMoo in the house, so it’s easy for me to whip up a batch of these any time Jake wants. He’s not a big fan of ice-cream (he does NOT get that from me!), so these are the perfect cool treat. I love that he’s such an avid fan of TruMoo because it helps him get his calcium, protein and vitamins A & D. Plus it’s hormone-free and devoid of high-fructose corn syrup.
For product information and availability, visit TruMoo online.Need more delicious recipe ideas? Find TruMoo Recipe inspiration on Pinterest. Don’t forget to Join the TruMoo community on Facebook.
Do you do anything special to celebrate the last day of school? Tell us about it in the comments!