Finding delicious, healthy lunch recipes for kids for back to school time can start to be a bit repetitive. Sometimes I get tired of trying to find something that they will enjoy seeing in their lunch box each day. It is easy to find different healthy snacks to add to their lunch box but some days finding different sandwiches is more difficult. My children seem to enjoy the same type of sandwiches regularly. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are one of their favorite types of sandwiches.
Other lunch ideas: Healthy Omelette
Lunch Recipes for Kids for Back to School
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for the support.
Give your child the energy they need to make it through a busy day at school by packing them a healthy lunch each morning. Studies have shown that children who eat a healthy breakfast and lunch each day are better prepared to learn and study than children who do not Many school lunches are not very healthy. They often have too much fat and sodium to be healthy for your child. If you pack your child a lunch each day, you have a way to make sure that their lunch is healthy.
You can help your child look forward to lunch by packing them a few of their favorite things in their lunch box. Don’t always send the same thing to school with them each day. There are ways that you can make even peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a bit different each day:
- Alternate between creamy and crunchy peanut butter. Have you considered using almond butter or sun butter in your sandwich instead of peanut butter?
- Try different types of jellies or jams. My children enjoy grape, strawberry, peach, banana and even blueberry jams on their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- Try different types of breads for your sandwich. My children enjoy rye, white, whole wheat, and multi-grain breads for their sandwiches.
- Instead of using bread, try a bagel, roll, biscuit or crackers some days instead.
- Try cutting their sandwiches in different shapes. You can use a knife to cut the bread or you can look for cookie cutters to make the shapes.
Fun Shapes Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 pieces of bread
- peanut butter
- jelly or jam
Watch the video for a live tutorial:
Cute the bread into fun shapes using a knife or a cookie cutter. Spread peanut butter and jelly on one side of the bread being careful to keep it inside of the shape you cut out. Put the sandwich together.
Looking for more fun lunch recipes for kids? Check out these easy sandwich shish kebabs!
What types of fun things lunch recipes for kids do you like to put in your child’s lunch box for back to school?