In my pursuit of testing my muffin tins and trying new muffin recipes for my kids, I tried this easy recipe with my a leftover chicken roast. You know how I am fond of using leftovers. I don’t like wasting food and eating chicken roast 2 days in a row is not something very much appreciated by the family. Since it is getting too warm to make my delicious chicken noodle soup, I decided to use it in a muffin recipe.
A few weeks ago, I tried this vegetable muffin recipe with meat and my daughter loved it. It was a great addition to her lunchbox. She said her friends were eying her muffins. I had butterflies when she told me that.
Since she liked her muffin experience, I thought she would enjoy this new muffin recipe for kids with chicken!
Chicken Muffin Recipe for Kids
- 1/2 cup of diced cooked chicken. I used my chicken roast leftover but you can use chicken breast instead and cook it.
- 1/2 cup of grated Swiss cheese
- 4 to 6 eggs: depending on their size
- 1/4 cup of frozen vegetables. I did not have fresh vegetables on hand.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Affiliate links included below.
Heat oven to 350. Little ones can help you in making the mixture. I am sure they will love that. My daughter loves cracking the eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs
- Add the grated cheese
- Add the chicken
- Transfer this mixture in your blender, add vegetables. Blend them but make sure not to blend them too much
- Grease your muffin pan with some margarine, unless you’re using a non-stick muffin pan.
- Scoop in the mixture in the muffin liner
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
Isn’t it delicious? My kids ate them as soon as they came out from the oven. I had to make another batch as soon as this one finished.
You can freeze the muffin in resealable freezer bags. They will be handy for those busy days.
For other muffin recipes, check the following recipes:
- Pear Muffins: Delicious Recipes For Kids (And Older ones)
- Silk Creamy Cashew Low-Fat Pumpkin Muffins Dairy Free Recipe for Kids
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry Muffin
- Flower-Shaped Maple Muffins for kids
- Rabbit Fish Muffins Easy Healthy Recipe
As you can see, I LOVE making muffin recipes for kids!
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe for kids? I love trying out new ideas. Tell me about it in the comments!