You may have noticed 2 things: I love sandwiches and salmon! They are two of my guilty pleasures. I don’t eat sandwiches every day but at least twice a week! Easy to prepare and you can toss anything you have in your fridge: okay: almost anything!
For today’s easy lunch recipe, I am sharing this salmon baguette sandwich with a salad as a side. The key for a successful sandwich is the bread: obviously! I used a fresh baguette from one of our local bakeries. We have a wide selection of bakeries in Montreal. I don’t advise you to visit them often or you may end up addicted and put on some weight!
Salmon Baguette Sandwich and Salad: An Easy Lunch Recipe
This salmon baguette sandwich and its accompanying salad really don’t get much easier to make! Take a look at how to prepare both parts of this easy lunch recipe.
For the sandwich
- Cut the baguette in half. I chose a bread topped with sesame seeds for the extra texture, but you can go with whatever you like!
- Smoked salmon: I used thawed smoked salmon that I bought from Costco! It was on special so I had to buy it!
- Cream cheese for spread
For the salad
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- salt and pepper
How to make:
For the Salmon Baguette Sandwich:
- With a sharp knife, cut the baguette in half down the middle.
- Spread cream cheese
- Add salmon
- In a bowl, mix lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers
- Season with olive oil, lime juice , salt and pepper
This easy lunch recipe isn’t just delicious, it’s also good for you! Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which may help improve brain functioning. Think of it as a power meal! Are you a fan of salmon? How do you love to eat it?