Are you planning a brunch or get together for this upcoming Father’s Day? This raspberry mousse low-calorie dessert recipe is a must! It’s easy to prepare, very low in sugar and most of all: delicious! This fruit dessert recipe is perfect for people who suffer from diabetes too.
As you may have noticed, I like fruit dessert recipes! They are healthy yet still so incredibly delicious and naturally sweet. They also make great low-calorie dessert recipes! While I love mixed berries, like those in my Wild Berry Bavarian, raspberries are one of my favorite fruits, as you can see in my Raspberry Clafoutis Recipe. This Raspberry Mousse recipe doesn’t just taste amazing; it’s also quite beautiful on your table! Perfect for when you want to make a great impression on your guests!
How to make this delicious Raspberry Mousse Low-Calorie Dessert Recipe
- Four egg whites. You can use the egg yolks towards a pudding recipe.
- 2 cups of raspberry
- 3 TBSP of sugar
- 1 TBSP of low fat cream
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- mint for decoration
Make this fruit dessert recipe:
- Wash the raspberries
- Set aside 4 for decoration purposes
- In a large bowl (or if you have stand-up mixer) mix the raspberries, the cream, sugar and the vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites. For better results make sure that your utensils are cold! Beat until it is white and thick.
- Slowly add the raspberry mix to the beaten egg whites. It is a delicate operation SO do it carefully, slowly and gently until everything is mixed.
- Pour the mixture into some pretty dessert dishes and decorate with raspberry and some fresh mint.
This dessert is best when served right away. You can refrigerate it, but the freshness of the ingredients comes through when you serve it right after preparing it.
I hope you enjoy this delicious fruit dessert recipe! It’s the perfect end to your Father’s Day brunch, or for any special occasion.