Spicy Carrot Salad puree? How on earth did I come up with this easy recipe? I did not. This Mediterranean dish was suggested by neighbor. I live in a multicultural neighborhood and sometimes we get together for a pot luck. In one of those gatherings, my neighbor brought this delicious carrot salad. It was a bit spicy but not too much. As you may have noticed, I like spicy food such as Patak Spicy sauces.
I LOVED this carrot dish. It is an easy and simple recipe to make. It is usually served as an entree or appetizer with delicious baguette or pita. It can be perfect as a sandwich spread too. Since I discovered this easy healthy recipe, it became a staple in my home. My neighbor was delighted to provide me with the recipe.
Spicy Carrot Salad Puree: How to Make this Easy Recipe
- 4 cups of carrots diced. I used baby carrots. It is best with regular carrots but I did not have on hand.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 TBSP of Olive oil. I used Mediterraneans season with olive oil
- Black olives
- 1 tsp of curry paste. I used Blue Dragon’s.
- 1 tsp of hot chili pepper paste
How to make it
- In a large pot, boil water
- Cook carrots until tender
- Remove carrots from water and puree.
- Season with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Top with olives.
- Let it cool
Serve with your favorite pita bread or baguette. This easy recipe is perfect to use as a holiday appetizer or just to enjoy for yourself as a quick yet unique healthy snack! If you like your food spicier, add a bit more of the hot chili pepper paste. Want to tone it down a bit? Use less. That’s the great thing about making your own spicy carrot salad paste, you control the heat!
Would you enjoy this easy recipe as is, or turn up the heat in your carrot salad puree? Tell us in the comments, are you a mild, medium or spicy eater?