I tried this duck sandwich at a friend’s house and I loved it. She lives in the town of Lac Brome. This town is renowned for its duck meat. I rarely eat duck meat as it is not always available at my butcher. AND I was missing out. This duck sandwich is to die for. Easy, simple and lots of flavors. She used a mix of Hoisin sauce and Soy sauce which added that extra flavor to the meat. Sometimes white cut of meats need that kick in flavor. So let’s see how you can recreate this duck sandwich at home. Of course you can replace the duck with chicken but it won’t taste the same.
Duck Sandwich recipe
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
- Two Duck breasts shredded: I shred them with a sharp knife and a fork
- 1 Red pepper: sliced lengthwise
- 1 Stick celery cut in half
- 4 TBSP of Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- Naan Bread.
- Optional: Hoisin Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large wok, add oil and heat.
- Add the breasts and let it cook for few minutes. You need to stir on a regular basis
- In a bowl, mix the vegetables, soya sauce, salt and pepper
- Put the mixture in the wok and let it simmer until the vegetables are tender
- Heat the Naan bread (or you can replace with Tortilla) in the oven
- Fill the bread with the mixture
- Top with Hoisin sauce (optional)
- Serve with a salad as a side.
Voilà. Delicious and filling too. The combination of Naan bread and duck was a great idea. Obviously, when I got back home, I had to make it for my family. I had stocked up on some delicious duck meats from Lac Brome and was eager to put it to the test.
Have you ever tried duck meat or duck sandwich? What do you think of it? Tell us in the comments!