Once the weather turns, the days grow longer, and the temperatures begin to rise, we know that the warmer seasons are right around the corner! With warmer weather comes much-awaited vacation time with the family. Planning a family vacation takes some time and effort, especially if you want to ensure you have picked a family-friendly location that offers plenty of fun activities for everyone. However, the planning doesn’t just end there! Before your trip, you’ll want to ensure everyone is set and ready to go. Here are 6 must-haves for every vacation.
6 Must-Haves for Every Family Vacation
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
1. Snacks, and plenty of them! Let’s face it, we all get hungry. But, kids seem to get hungry more often and a hungry kid means a cranky kid. To keep your family happy, be sure to pack snacks for the trip. Local stores, such as Walmart, Target or even the Dollar Store, offer a wide variety of snacks at affordable prices! You can also make some ahead of time! Check a few of our favorites here .
2. Sunglasses for the kids With so much sun in the sky, you want to keep your kid’s eyes protected while also keeping them looking stylish! Babiators has the perfect sunglasses for kids of all ages and sizes.
3. Reusable bags While your vacation clothes are definitely already packed, always ensure you bring extra bags to hold extras. Ziplock bags are perfect for holding food, small toys and all sorts of other items. Pick up recyclable bags to make sure you’re prepared!
4. Beach towels If you will be at the beach or involved in any sort of water, beach towels for each member of the family are a must! Quality beach towels will keep everyone dry and can also be used at the beach for relaxing. Kohls has a wide variety of beach towels to choose from in all sorts of cute designs!
5. Some form of entertainment Let’s face it, we all get anxious on long car drives or while on an airplane. Providing your kid with something to entertain him/her is critical! Mobile devices work but so do small puzzles, coloring books and even table games. You can find games, stickers and other items at a variety of stores.
6. Wipes/sanitizer When kids are involved, messes happen. If you are going out of town, be sure to pick up a pack of travel wipes or hand sanitizer. These two items will be a godsend when it comes time to keep your kids clean and not sticky!