Once the weather turns, the days grow longer, and the temperatures begin to rise, we know that the warmer seasons are right around the corner! With warmer weather comes much-awaited vacation time with the family. Planning a family vacation takes some time and effort, especially if you want to ensure you have picked a family-friendly location that offers plenty of fun activities for everyone. However, the planning doesn’t just end there! Before your trip, you’ll want to ensure everyone is set and ready to go. Here are 6 must-haves for every vacation.
6 Must-Haves for Every Family Vacation
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
1. Snacks, and plenty of them! Let’s face it, we all get hungry. But, kids seem to get hungry more often and a hungry kid means a cranky kid. To keep your family happy, be sure to pack snacks for the trip. Local stores, such as Walmart, Target or even the Dollar Store, offer a wide variety of snacks at affordable prices! You can also make some ahead of time! Check a few of our favorites here .
2. Sunglasses for the kids With so much sun in the sky, you want to keep your kid’s eyes protected while also keeping them looking stylish! Babiators has the perfect sunglasses for kids of all ages and sizes.
3. Reusable bags While your vacation clothes are definitely already packed, always ensure you bring extra bags to hold extras. Ziplock bags are perfect for holding food, small toys and all sorts of other items. Pick up recyclable bags to make sure you’re prepared!
4. Beach towels If you will be at the beach or involved in any sort of water, beach towels for each member of the family are a must! Quality beach towels will keep everyone dry and can also be used at the beach for relaxing. Kohls has a wide variety of beach towels to choose from in all sorts of cute designs!
5. Some form of entertainment Let’s face it, we all get anxious on long car drives or while on an airplane. Providing your kid with something to entertain him/her is critical! Mobile devices work but so do small puzzles, coloring books and even table games. You can find games, stickers and other items at a variety of stores.
6. Wipes/sanitizer When kids are involved, messes happen. If you are going out of town, be sure to pick up a pack of travel wipes or hand sanitizer. These two items will be a godsend when it comes time to keep your kids clean and not sticky!
12 thoughts on “Family Vacation Time? 6 Must-Haves for Every Trip!”
Great ideas for for getting ready for day trips or longer.
Thanks for the tips we will be spending this weekend down at the beach,best be prepared!
These are all things that can be so easily forgotten or left behind! Nothing worse than needing wipes or a snack for the kids and nit having any!
Definitely some very helpful tips, thanks for sharing 🙂
Wipes and entertainment is always good. Not to always rely on, but as a back up it’s a pretty smart move! Long car journeys can be the worst so it’s good to have a back up!
Snacks & Wipes are so important. I wnet on a vacation with my nephew & I carried bag full of only his favourite snacks.
You are 100% correct! Those are the most essential must-haves for vacationing with kids. I would also add the proper medicines for fever, diarria, incect bites – just in case you need them. A first aid kit too.
You know, you are not wrong especially about the reusable bags they come so in handy. Be it for food, or wet clothes or even beauty products to nappies. x
I never go anywhere without my hand sanitizer and Protein bars! I agree that entertainment is must to engage the kids on the road trips!
Snacks and entertainment are road trip must’s. It’s either that or complete mayhem because everyone is bored lol.
I agree that entertainment is needed to keep both parents and their kids sane. Wipes is a must too, no sticky fingers please haha x
This is the first year we are going for vacation as a three member-family. I need to not forget the diapers lol!