Every parent has a moment of frustration at some point, and here are our parenting tips for How To Deal With Your Biggest Parenting Challenges. In a recent giveaway on our site, we asked you for your biggest parenting struggles. The results found several similarities that we want to chat with you about solutions for. Hopefully this will touch on some of your own struggles and help you to focus and make positive changes.
- Parenting Tips: Should Little Girls Wear Makeup and Get Mani/Pedis?
- Parenting Tips: Pros & Cons of Co-Sleeping With Your Baby
- What Sleeping Beauty Taught Me About Parenting My Own Princess
HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR BIGGEST PARENTING CHALLENGES
My biggest challenge is dealing with tantrums and discipline.
By far the biggest issue parents had was dealing with tantrums or discipline issues. We have a few parenting tips for alternate discipline issues we hope will help you to overcome these problems.
- No tolerance for tantrums. When a tantrum happens make it known discipline will be happening. There will be no second chances.
- Restrict privileges. Remove the TV, video games and cell phones until behavior improves.
- Get both parents on board. You must have your spouse or other parent on board so all discipline is consistent.
- Be flexible in changing discipline styles. As your kids grow and change, discipline measures need to change too.
Getting my kids to eat good foods.
- Make food fun. Cut into smaller pieces, shapes or create creatures with it.
- Give something for them to dip with. Use Greek yogurt and seasoning to create great healthy dips for fruits and vegetables.
- Sneak them in. Puree vegetables into smoothies, spaghetti or muffins to help kids eat them without fuss.
- Don’t force them to eat every new thing, but do require them to at least try it.
Cleaning up after them!
Cleaning up their bedrooms and messes is not your job after a certain point. Even before the point they are able to clean up for themselves, you should be teaching them respect for their belongings and yours.
- Teach babies and toddlers to put things away when they are done playing.
- Assign chores to kids of all ages to teach responsibility.
- Restrict privileges when they leave their things out.
- Throw it away. If they continually leave messes of their belongings for you to clean up, start throwing things away or donating. They learn quickly.
These parenting tips for dealing with your biggest parenting challenges are often common sense. Sometimes we just need simple reminders of what we should be doing. Communicate with your kids and let them know what you need, and what is expected of them. Don’t allow them to walk all over you. You are the parent and in charge. Make sure they understand that and you will find success.
What are your favorite parenting tips for dealing with the biggest parenting challenges?