Last week, we shared tips on how to choose the best baby monitors. In the upcoming weeks, we will be discussing the different types of baby monitors: video ones, WiFi ones, etc. Make sure to come back each week to learn about the different types of monitors and choose whatever suits you best. Today, we will be discussing video baby monitors. The world of video baby monitors can provide parents with an instant look at your baby, in a silent way. With these baby monitors, you can check in on your baby without getting out of bed and without disturbing your baby. Here are the best video baby monitors.
Best Video Baby Monitors
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for the support.
The Infant Optics DXR-8 is one of the most popular baby monitors on the market! It is our #1 recommendation and you can check pricing here at Amazon. We like this one so much, if you have the budget to get it, don’t even look at the rest. But if you’re on a smaller budget, definitely check out the other four top recommendations we have below. Here are some of the major features:
- Screen Size: 3.5″
- Sensor Technology: NightVision
- Major Functions: night vision, talk-back function, room temperature sensor, supports multiple cameras (even if you only have one baby, it’s great to put one next to the crib, another in the living room, and another in the kitchen).
- Why We Recommend It: Easy Set-Up! Clear picture especially at night or in dark rooms. Large LCD screen for a baby monitor. Great after sale customer service. In our opinion, the highest quality video baby monitor you can buy today.
Babysense Video Baby Monitors feature high-quality baby monitoring technology to provide parents peace of mind and an excellent user experience. It’s an economical video baby monitor and is highly rated. Check if its available at Amazon.
- Screen Size: 2.4″
- Sensor Technology: Auto Infrared Night Vision
- Major Functions: Two-Way Talk, Lullabies, Eco Mode
- Why We Recommend It: It’s a great price making it a great value. It looks good and has great battery life.
This is an interesting baby monitor. It isn’t a name brand, but it has solid technology and durability. The features you get at this price point is what attracts most parents to take a risk on this monitor, and most are pleasantly surprised. Give it a try and with Amazon’s easy return policy, you can always send it back if you don’t like it within their return window.
- Screen Size: 3.5″ LCD Screen
- Sensor Technology: Clear Night Vision
- Major Functions: Two-Way Talk, Encrypted wireless transmission, Lullabies, Ability to set up to 4 alarms
- Why We Recommend It: While it’s not a “name brand”, it has a solid reputation as a product and great reviews. The price is good which makes it a great value for all the features you get at this price point.
Put your trust in one of the biggest consumer electronics companies, Vtech. Their VM351 Digital Video Baby Monitor with Wide-Angle Lens and Standard Lens has the biggest screen of any baby monitor we’ve put in our top 5. The camera comes with a standard lens and an attachable wide-angle lens (a very innovative concept). Check the reviews at Amazon.
- Screen Size: 5″
- Sensor Technology: Automatic, infrared night vision
- Major Functions: 170 degree wide-angle lens, soothing sounds and lullabies, two-way talk, sound activation mode
- Why We Recommend It: Global brand name backing this video baby monitor. They are experts in wireless technology. The screen is massive for a video baby monitor.
Laputa is our 2nd video baby monitor in our Top 5 that isn’t a major brand name. In lieu of that, they offer lifetime after-sale tech support and a 30-day return policy. A few of the best things about it is great sound quality, great screen quality, and doesn’t use wifi so it’s easy to setup and get connected. Give it a trial by getting it at Amazon.
- Screen Size: 3.5″
- Sensor Technology: Night Vision
- Major Functions: 2x Magnification, multi-camera support, Eco-Mode, Two-Way talk
- Why We Recommend It: Simple to setup, shows temperature of the baby room, and picture is great in light or darkness. It’s one of the lowest priced options on our Top 5 List.
Which of these video baby monitors would you choose? And Why? Tell me.