Potty training? Yep, there’s an app for that! Actually, there are tons of them! We sorted through the clutter and found the best 5 potty training apps you need to try!
Sometimes it’s hard to think of what we did before technology, isn’t it? We’re so accustomed to everything being at our fingertips, and sometimes I miss our less plugged in world. But there is one area where I say that parents should use any and all tools available to them, and that is potty training.
Potty training is not for the faint of heart. Your goal, as a parent, is to help a willful toddler understand that they should stop whatever important activity they are doing when they feel the urge to go and use the scary porcelain monster in the bathroom rather than conveniently just go in a diaper. Not an easy feat, right?
Thankfully, there are apps for everything these days, and potty training apps for our technologically literate kiddos are a great way to make the process fun for them (and a little less miserable for you). There are a lot of potty training apps out there with pretty mediocre reviews, so it can be hard to decide which to try. Here are some of my favorites!
Top 5 Potty Training Apps to Try
- Once Upon a Potty. This app has both a boy version and a girl version where a narrated story follows Joshua or Prudence as his/her mother explains body parts and how to use the potty. Available both in iTunes and Google Play for $1.99.
- Daniel Tiger’s Stop & Go Potty. I’m an 80s baby, and I just love Daniel Tiger due to my fond memories of Rogers’ Neighborhood. The best part about this app is it helps your child learn how to identify when it’s time to go to the potty. You also help Daniel and Katerina complete toileting steps. Available both in iTunes and Google Play for $2.99.
- Children’s Countdown Timer – Visual Timer for Kids. This app isn’t exclusively for potty training, but it’s a nice visual timer that can be used to show when it’s time to try going potty (30 minute intervals, for example). The graphics make it fun, hopefully decreasing the anxiety that may come with traditional timer/alarm. Available both in iTunes and GooglePlay for free.
- Potty Training Kids Learning with Animals. This app promises great things using an interactive story and games with animals. The goal of this app truly seems to be setting a positive spin on potty training for your child and even has a money back policy if you’re not satisfied! Available both in iTunes and GooglePlay for $2.99
- This one is for you, not for your kid. PottiTrain is particularly endearing to me because it was created by a man to help moms and dads track potty training success. He updates the app based upon feedback from users and seems genuinely concerned with making the app a great tool. You can track successes and accidents plus drinks so you can keep an eye on progress and routines. Available on Google Play for free.
With these apps and some focused effort, your little one will be potty trained before you know it! Make sure to come back and let us know how you like these apps – your feedback helps other parents!