By now you know how much I love baking cookies with my daughter. It’s one of our favorite mother/daughter activities. Along the years, we developed a system: I prepare the dough and she creates the shapes. We have an array of cookie cutters and she loves coming up with new ways of using them. She has such a blast that she invites her friends for baking play dates. They pretend to be on a cooking show. It’s so much fun to watch those little hands creating!
For her last playdate, she decided to bake cookies with REESE Spreads! Her friends heard so many great things about it that they wanted to give them a try (and who wouldn’t? The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is heavenly). So we made the following REESE Spreads chocolate peanut butter cookies! And Oh My!! They are soft, chewy, and delectable. Everything you want in a delicious cookie!
REESE Spreads Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of melted margarine
- 1 TBSP of hot water
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 3/4 cup of baking flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of REESE Spreads, melted in the microwave
- Sprinkles for decoration: optional
- Cookie cutters. We used a snowman, a snowflake and fun dog shaped ones.
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, water and margarine until well blended
- Add the eggs and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients (except REESE Spreads)
- Mix well until you form a dough. Add flour if needed!
- Separate the dough into 2 bowls!
- Add REESE Spreads to one bowl and mix well! Now that you have 2 bowls (one with White dough and one with REESE Spreads cookie dough), unleash the creativity (as shown in the picture below)
- Bake the larger cookies for about 8 minutes at 350F
- Bake the smaller ones for about 5 minutes. Add one minute if they are not enough baked.
- Let them cool
- Coat few (or all if you wish) cookies with REESE Spreads and top with Sprinkles.
My daughter and her friends wanted to create cookies with the 2 doughs to make a nice colorful design. Honestly, I was impressed with their creations! They took it to heart and they had fun creating different designs, shapes, etc! Take a look at their creations!
They were so proud and the cookies were just perfect! Chewy and delicious. Adding REESE Spreads to both the dough and on top was a great idea.
These cookies make cute handmade gift ideas for family, friends, and teachers. You can give them alone or along with our No-Bake White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups or our Peanut Butter Chocolate Madeleine. Just layer them in a festive tin, wrap with a bow and you’re done!
Looking for more recipes in The Golden Spoon Recipe Series? Check out the hashtag #DoYouSpoon on social media!
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe that would taste better with REESE Spreads? Tell us about it in the comments!
Disclosure: Although this post has been sponsored by Hershey Canada as part of the Golden Spoon Recipe Series, all opinions are my own.