Valentine’s Day is inching every closer. It’s time to start planning your special menu, including, of course, an amazing Valentine’s Day snack for kids! This year, I wanted to come up with something that my son would love, yet that’s also sophisticated enough for a romantic date night . As a working single mom, I don’t have a lot of time to mess around in the kitchen, yet as a dating single mom, I feel bad when my boyfriend whips up amazing dinners and all I have to offer is a store-bought cake. So I did my best to come up with something that, to me, is the best of both worlds!
Chocolate Marshmallow Strawberry Parfait Valentine’s Day Snack
Over the next 11 months, we’re going to be sharing different ideas for the TruMoo Limited Edition flavor of the month! Are you excited? I know I am. My son is thrilled too, he absolutely LOVES TruMoo!
This month, we’re focusing on one of my all-time favorites: TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow. It’s the perfect ingredient for my Chocolate Marshmallow Strawberry Parfait Valentine’s Day snack recipe.
- One large box of chocolate instant pudding
- 2 1/2 cups TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk
- mini marshmallows
- red food coloring
- Mix the pudding according to the pie filling directions, but swap out the regular milk for the TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow milk. It’s important to follow the pie filling directions because it gives you a thicker pudding. Set it aside to thicken.
- Slice your strawberries. The number really depends on how many parfaits you want to make. Go with about three medium strawberries per parfait.
- Throw a handful of mini marshmallows in a plastic baggie and add about two drops of food coloring. Shake it really well. Now, I’m going to be honest, my marshmallows looked like something out of a horror movie at first. Don’t worry about this too much, as you’ll be layering them and combining them with plain marshmallows. Of course, you can always just look for red or pink marshmallows and call it a day, but I couldn’t find them anywhere. Since I was determined to have pink marshmallows in the parfait, I came up with this workaround.
- Start with your marshmallows, adding both the crazy red ones and a few white ones to the bottom of your glass.
- Spoon some of the pudding over top, making sure to push it down into the crevices between your marshmallows
- Add a layer of sliced strawberries
- Add another layer of marshmallows, followed by pudding. Continue layering to the top.
- Add whipped cream and some pretty pink sugar crystals.
That’s it! It tastes like chocolate-marshmallow covered strawberries! Plus, it takes less than ten minutes to make. The longest part is mixing the pudding. I can put it together on a work break before my son gets home from school and it will be ready when he walks in the door. It holds up well in the fridge, so you can prep it ahead. I feel good about my Chocolate Marshmallow Strawberry Parfait Valentine’s Day snack because I know when I use TruMoo Milk, my son isn’t getting any nasty hormones or high fructose corn syrup. Jacob drinks a lot of milk. Actually, that’s an understatement! He’s an incredibly picky eater, but he’ll drink a gallon of milk a day if I let him! So it’s very important to me that he drink the very best. To me, that’s TruMoo.
For product information and availability, visit TruMoo online. Looking for more delicious recipes? Find TruMoo Recipe inspiration on Pinterest. I also recommend that you Join the TruMoo community on Facebook.
What do you think of my easy Valentine’s Day snack for kids? What’s your favorite Limited Edition TruMoo flavor? Tell us in the comments!