This post and Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole recipe is brought to you by Dixie. All opinions are our own.
This Thanksgiving, stop washing so many dirty dishes and start spending more time with your family! That’s what I’ve vowed to do! While Thanksgiving just passed here in Canada, the big turkey meal is only the start of the festivities. Our calendar is filled with holiday dinner parties over the next two months. I’ll be hosting at least a couple myself! I can’t wait for my guests to try the delicious Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole from Dixie!
My Thanksgiving Promise: Stop washing dirty dishes and spend more time with family
The makers of Dixie Ultra® Tableware invite everyone to make a Thanksgiving Promise. I chose to stop washing dirty dishes and start spending more time with family. Why? Because when I get caught up in the clean-up, I miss out on some great conversation!
Who wants to spend their holiday scrubbing dishes anyway, right? So how can I accomplish such a feat without spending hours scraping off set-on food later? With Dixie Ultra® Tableware! They have such attractive plates and bowls, so I don’t feel like I’m skimping by using them. Plus they’re super strong for those guests who really love to pile on the gravy!
Catch up with Family over a Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
I love making easy healthy recipes. Just because you’re making party food doesn’t mean it can’t be healthy! Your guests will fall in love with this Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole from Dixie. My family sure did!
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 tbsp.put to the side
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp. McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 oz. (1/2 pkg.) cubed cream cheese
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix the bread crumbs, 2 tbsp of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tbsp. of the melted butter and ½ tsp. of the Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cup the broccoli and cauliflower florets into small, bite-size pieces
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onion to the butter and stir for about 5 minutes (until it’s tender).
- Stir in flour, remaining 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper
- Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly
- Add cream cheese and the rest of the Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
Bake for 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned. Finished casserole makes 10 servings, plenty for a dinner party!
Serve up your Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole on strong Dixie Ultra plates. When dinner is over, simply toss the plates and enjoy spending time catching up with your friends and family!
Head on over to Dixie and share your Thanksgiving Promise to get a coupon for your next Dixie purchase!
What is YOUR Thanksgiving Promise to yourself and family?