By now, you should know that I love summer salad recipes. They are so refreshing, delicious and most important thing: easy to prepare. I don’t want to be stuck indoors cooking and miss those rare summer days we have. I usually prepare one salad per day, sometimes 2. I don’t like eating the same salad each day so I try to come up with new combinations. I usually get inspired by what I have in my kitchen and I love combining fruits and vegetable.
I find that fruits add that refreshing taste and sweetness to a salad, like in my Summer Strawberry Spinach Salad. So how did I come up with the following salad recipe? I ran out of olive oil, my favorite ingredient for salad dressing and I had to come up with a new idea. I had lemon juice and some fruits and I thought it would be a great combination for today’s salad. So let’s get started. I see you are already skeptical about it: how on earth do we combine vegetables with orange juice dressing.
Tomato & Cucumber Summer Salad Recipe with Orange Juice Dressing
Affiliate links included below.
For the salad
- 2 mini cucumber diced
- a handful of cherry tomatoes. I usually cut them lengthwise. I keep 1 or 2 for decoration
- 1 handful of blueberries. (Don’t forget to check our blueberry recipes, you will fall in love with them)
- few raspberries
- 1 leaf of lettuce shredded. Not more than that as I don’t want it to overwhelm the other ingredients.
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup of orange juice. I used a ready made one but it will be better with fresh squeezed oranges
- 2 TBSP of lemon juice
- Basil leaves. You can even cut them. They add so much flavor to the salad.
And that’s it, you have a refreshing summer salad that you will love. The only thing about this salad is that once the dressing is added, you need to eat it immediately.
Looking for more delicious summer salad recipes? Check out our favorite Spring & Summer Recipes on Pinterest!
So do you combine fruits and vegetables in your summer salad recipes? Tell me about it!