This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Giant Eagle for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
When it comes to cooking, I am a bit challenged! I need easy recipes that don’t require a whole lot of complicated steps to complete. That’s why I’m in love with Knorr Pasta Sides, available at Giant Eagle. They make it easy to transform a side dish into a complete meal! With tons of recipes on their site and a free downloadable recipe booklet from Giant Eagle, you’re sure to find something the whole family will love!
Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta Recipe
I was really excited to try out this Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta recipe from the Knorr website. I’m all about the mac & cheese! It’s one thing I know I can make well! I love this twist on a classic recipe. Check out how to make it!
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion (I like mine REALLY finely chopped)
- 1 package Knorr® Pasta Sides™ – Chicken flavor
- 2 cups cut-up cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese. I used a Mexican three-cheese cheddar mix.
- Cook the bacon in medium saucepan over medium high heat. Make sure to stir occasionally. It’s done when it’s nice and crisp- about 4 minutes.
- Stir red pepper and onion into the same saucepan and cook. Stir occasionally. When it is somewhat crisp, remove from saucepan and set aside. This should take about three minutes.
- Prepare Knorr® Pasta Sides™ – Chicken flavor in same saucepan that you used for the above according to package directions. Stir in chicken, cheese, peppers and onion during the last 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if you want. Otherwise, dish it out and enjoy!
I love how easy this recipe is to make! If you buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, it’s one less thing to worry about. Look, if I can make this easy recipe, anyone can! The bacon and red pepper makes a nice, smoky flavor while the chicken balances perfectly with the cheese. Before this, I never would have thought to put chicken and bacon in my mac & cheese. This recipe was so good, even my picky son loved it.
Be sure to download the Free Recipe Book from Giant Eagle and discover all the easy recipes you can make with Knorr Pasta Sides! Plus, from 2/25 through 3/5, if you buy $10 in Knorr® Sides at Giant Eagle, you’ll save $3 off Frozen Cooked or Uncooked Shrimp from the Seafood Department on your Next Shopping Order!
7 thoughts on “Smokey Mac & Cheese Pasta Made Easy with Knorr Pasta Sides!”
My kids love this flavour of Knorr Pasta Sides! Great recipe for a quick weeknight supper!
These dishes look amazing!! I always walk past these in the grocery store but I think I’m going to pick one up on the weekend.
Thank you so much! I was thrilled with how well it turned out. I’ve since grabbed other Knorr sides to try out in main dishes.
I’m so hooked on these!! I love how simple they are to make!
I love this idea and am stealing your recipe!! lol Thanks so much, I love anything that makes cooking easier!
Thank you! I got it from Knorr, so steal away, lol! Believe me, if I can make it, anyone can!
Comments are closed.