Are you looking for delicious vegetarian recipe that is filling and easy to make. Look no more, Try this Sesame Lentil Salad recipe seasoned with my favorite vegan product: Blue Dragon Sesame Oil. I am not vegetarian nor is my family. But during my annual check up, I discovered a high cholesterol level that needed to be addressed. It is not alarming but to be cautious, I had to take some measures.
One of the doctors’ recommendations was to reduce my intake of red meat. I had to make some changes to my diet. So I started looking for vegetarian recipes that are easy to make and also filling. Nothing better than lentils to fulfill both needs! I never considered lentils in a salad until I stumbled on this Blue Dragon sesame lentil salad recipe. It sounded delicious and super easy to make.
Easy Sesame Lentil Salad Recipe
- 500g green lentils
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Blue Dragon Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- seasoning (salt & pepper)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt (if you want to make this a vegan recipe, omit the yogurt)
Make this easy vegetarian recipe
- Cook the lentils as per the pack instructions (rinse well, boil lentils:1 part lentils, 2 parts water) until al dente. Rinse and drain. Add the olive oil and stir thoroughly.
- Meanwhile make the dressing. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Pound to paste in a pestle and mortar. Add the juice of one lemon. Add the sesame oil, sugar and salt. Stir well.
- Finely chopped the red onion. Chop the baby tomatoes in half. Add to the lentils.
- Add the dressing and mix until the lentils are well-coated. Finally, add the natural yogurt and stir well.
What a delicious and refreshing spring salad recipe. I enjoyed every bit of it and so did my husband. I stored it in air tight container in the fridge for 2 days. It stayed fresh and delicious. My vegetarian experience turned out great and I am going to repeat it with other Blue Dragon Canada vegan friendly products. Did you know that the following products are 100% vegan?
- Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry Sauce
- Tomato & Sweet Chilli Stir Fry Sauce
- General Tao Stir Fry Sauce
- Spring Roll Wrappers
- Rice Noodles
- Coconut Milk
- Light Coconut Milk
Think of all the amazing vegan recipes you can make with all those yummy Blue Dragon products! You could make this delicious healthy stir-fry recipe by simply removing the shrimp! Every other part of it is vegan. You could also substitute the shrimp with tofu! The tofu will pick up all the yummy Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry Sauce!
Did you know that Blue Dragon has a fantastic Tumblr sharing all sorts of delicious recipes? Be sure to check it out for more inspiring East Made Easy vegan and vegetarian recipes! Don’t forget to follow them on Twitter and Facebook too!
Have you tried this easy Sesame Lentil Salad recipe before? What kind of delicious vegan recipe would you make with Blue Dragon products?
I am part of the Blue Dragon Canada ambassador program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.