This easy healthy dinner recipe contains affiliate links.
When I was a child, my mother used to prepare ratatouille every week! Ratatouile is French Vegetable dish that contains Eggplants, tomatoes and several other vegetables! It is similar to this easy healthy dinner recipe I made a while ago: Eggplant in the oven! Unfortunately my husband decided that he no longer likes the eggplants! Maybe because I served them too much! (You know when you find an easy healthy dinner recipe, you keep on cooking and cooking it, over and over until someone raises his hand and says: ENOUGH). This is what what happened with the eggplants! I had to come up with a new variation of this dinner recipe! A variation that had color, taste and something new and original! Isn’t always a headache to come up with a new dish?
While I was strolling the isles at my grocery stores, I stumbled upon those Yellow Zucchinis! It is the first time I notice this kind and wondered what It would taste in a ratatouille dish! Happy with my new idea, I bought few zucchini! As soon as I got home, I started on my new cooking project! I am always excited to try new ingredients! Aren’t you?
Ratatouille Dish: A Vegetable fiesta for an easy healthy dinner recipe!
- 3 Yellow Zucchini cut in squares
- 1 Green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil! I usually use Bertolli Extra Virgin olive oil!
- 1 TBSP of minced garlic!
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes!
- 1 Stuffing mix for chicken or Turkey
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
How to make this hearty vegetable dish
- Heat the oven to 375
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Make sure not to over heat it!
- Add the zucchini, onions and peppers!
- Cook until it becomes crunchy! I cooked it for around 10 minutes!
- Add garlic and cook for few minutes
- Add tomatoes and cook for extra few minutes
- Add the stuffing mix and stir!
- Spray a baking pan with a cooking spray or some butter!
- Pour in the mixture
- Top with cheese
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes! Make sure to uncover for the last 5 minutes!
Isn’t that easy?
Now the verdict
I baked this recipe on a Sunday morning along with a spinach lasagna! Sunday is my cooking day! I wanted to serve the ratatouille bake for supper and the lasagna for lunch! But as soon as my husband entered the kitchen, he said: what’s this nice smell? I want to try it! Usually I don’t like changing plans but I was so happy to serve my new dish that I switched and we ate this delicious dinner recipe along with a roasted pumpkin soup!
How about you? Have you ever baked a ratatouille?