Some weeknights require a filling dinner that is easy to prepare. For those evenings, this one skillet ground beef with broccoli and rice is the perfect solution.
Dice up some onions and garlic, which are the quintessential base for most meals. Then toss them in the skillet with ground beef. Season the beef with the herbs of your choice; my family always prefers Cajun seasoning, but soy sauce, montreal steak seasoning, or lemon pepper are fantastic alternatives. Allow those ingredients to simmer until the meat is browned and the onions are translucent.
You will be drooling over the amazing smells simmering from your skillet! Add in a few cups of broth, rice, and broccoli. (Don’t love broccoli? Asparagus, edamame, or carrots are other vegetable substitutes.) Bring to a boil and then simmer until the rice is fully cooked and the broccoli is tender.
When it’s time to serve this dish, you won’t be able to resist this bowl of goodness! Did I mention that the only clean up involved is washing one skillet? Win!
The protein of the meat, starch of the rice, and vitamins from the broccoli combine for a perfect weeknight dinner. No need to include another side dish because this pot is a complete meal!
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 to matoes, diced
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- cooking cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place ground beef in a pan with a dash of salt and pepper. Heat until the beef is no longer red. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, cook the eggplant, tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Place the ingredients in a greased casserole dish layer by layer in this order: eggplant mixture, ground beef, then cheese on top.
- If you would like it to be more creamy, then you can add 4 tablespoons of cooking cream.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 194 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 134mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g