Want to get a healthy dinner on the table in just 20 minutes? You have to try my no-cook avocado pasta sauce recipe! By now, you should know that I love Avocado. I can eat it as is, grilled, in a salad, as a guacamole. However, I have never tried it in a pasta sauce; until I stumbled on this cookbook: Supermarket Healthy. The author of this cookbook suggested a no-cook avocado pasta sauce recipe.
No-cook combined with my love of avocado is a win-win situation. With the good weather around the corner (hopefully), I want to spend my time outdoors rather indoor cooking. But we have to feed the family and eat, don’t we? A no-cook avocado pasta sauce seemed very interesting. Besides, I had all the ingredients on hand. I dislike when I have to shop around for tons of ingredients. I prefer simple and easy recipes. Don’t we all? Now let’s stop the talking and dive into this no-cook avocado pasta recipe.
No-Cook Avocado Pasta Sauce Recipe
Affiliate links included below.
Start to finish: 20 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 12 ounces whole-grain pasta.
- 2 large avocado, peeled, pitted and roughly cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp of mashed garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of paprika
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as per the directions (the no-cook refers to the sauce, you still need to cook the pasta!). Make sure to reserve half of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine the avocado, lemon juice , garlic, olive oil. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Once smooth, add the paprika, parsley and pulse to mix, but not completely blend. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Pour into a large serving bowl.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked and drained, add the sauce. The heat helps mixing the sauce with the pasta. If you find it is too thick, add some of the cooking water to thin it.
Doesn’t this no-cook pasta sauce look delicious and sumptuous? It literally took me 20 minutes from start to finish. It is delicious and most of all: filling. An avocado by itself is already filling, let it alone combined with pasta. Even my picky eaters asked for more. I am fortunate enough because they like eating avocado. Bonus point: It is very cost effective and vegetarian. We are all trying to cut down on meat cost (either for health or budget reasons), this recipe will help you achieve that. Check out the Supermarket Healthy book at Amazon for more ideas!
For more delicious vegetarian recipes, check out my favorite mouth-watering cabbage vegetarian recipes for large families or these cheap vegetarian meals!
Do you have a favorite fast & easy no-cook pasta sauce recipe that you love to whip up on those busy nights? Share in the comments!