We have a rough winter in Montreal: cold and snowy! We try to go outside as much as we can. We go often skiing and sliding. Unfortunately, we do not have enough sun! Ss soon as the sun comes out in the spring/summer, I set up my deck table, clean my barbecue and enjoy crunchy refreshing summer salads. Summer salads are perfect with any barbecue meal. They can be also the main meal if you add some protein to them such as chicken or tuna! The salads can be even more refreshing if you add some berries in them! They add a sour flavor that makes you feel so good after. For this salad recipe, I used strawberry. I found such a great deal in the grocery store last week that I bought 3 packages.
Ingredients for this easy summer salad recipe
- 1 Romaine lettuce torn and cut. This food is very low in saturated fat and sodium! It contains lots of vitamins such as Vitamin B6, Calcium, magnesium and more.
- ½ cup of fresh strawberries halved: Strawberry is very low in Saturated fat! It is a good source of Floate and dietary Fibre! It’s all good but some dietitians recommend not eating too much because it has a lot of sugar!! Source
- ½ cup of cucumbers diced: It is optional but it add the extra crunch in this summer salad
- ¼ cup of cherry tomato: I love these tomatoes because they are so tasty and you don’t need to half them. It will save you extra minutes.
Salad Dressing Recipe
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
Directions to prepare the Romaine and Strawberry salad recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, strawberries, cucumbers and cherry tomato
- In a container: mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
- Pour the salad dressing and mix gently!
This recipe is very popular at home! My little girl is fond of strawberries and my son loves lettuce. He is not a huge fan of the berries. He just tosses them. Some kids may not like the dressing. I spare some salad in another bowl without dressing! To make it last longer, you can also add the seasoning to your serving only. When seasoned the lettuce may lose its crunchy taste. We usually serve with our favorite maple syrup chicken wings! Enjoy
10 thoughts on “Mix Romaine and strawberry for a refreshing summer salad recipe”
YUM!!! That looks delish! I love strawberries in my salad!
Looks so yummy! I love fruit in salads. Need to make more.
Fruit makes salads more palatable to me, i’d love to try this thank you for sharing! 🙂
I am a salad girl at heart, but I don’t really like fruit on mine. But I think a main of chicken & tossed salad followed by a fruit salad would be excellent!
That’s a great idea!! I love adding fruits to my salad! I love the sweets and sour taste
I am at a play place and just said “mmmmm….” right out loud when I saw this picture.
LOL! Give it a try! It is so delicious