In my pursuit of trying healthy soup recipes for this winter, I tried this version of leek soup recipe. Instead of adding regular potatoes, I used sweet ones. Remember how I made this hearty sweet potato soup a few weeks ago? I loved the taste. Since then, I am trying to replace the regular potatoes with sweet ones to see how they work. My latest creation: a leek and sweet potato soup! Read on to see how to make this healthy soup recipe.
- Healthy Soup Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Almonds
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Carnation® Evaporated Milk
- Stay Warm With This Carrot Maple Soup
Leek and Sweet Potato Soup: Healthy Soup Recipe
Affiliate links included below.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Curry paste or 1 tsp of curry powder
- 4 cups of stock.
- 1 cup of coconut milk. (if not replace with milk)
Make this yummy Leek and potato soup
- Wash sweet potato and peel it. Dice it in small cubes. If you cannot, just cut in small chunks.
- Wash the leeks and dice them. It is my least favorite part as cleaning the leeks can be daunting: some dirt gets caught inside the leaves, so make sure to clean it well.
- In a large pot, add the butter and onions. Let it cook until onions are tender.
- Add the garlic, sweet potatoes and leek.
- Add the seasoning. Let it simmer for few minutes until leeks are tender.
- Add stock and cook for 20 minutes or until potato is soft
- Let it cool. Puree in your favorite blender.
- Add it back to the pot and add coconut milk.
Do you have a favorite version of a leek and potato soup? What kind of easy healthy soup recipes does your family enjoy on chilly nights?