Looking for a fun healthy raisin recipe that steps outside the usual oatmeal raisin fare? I have a treat for you! Don’t get me wrong, I love a good oatmeal raisin cookie. Sometimes, though, I’m in the mood for something a little more exotic! This Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies recipe is the perfect mix of healthy, tasty and out-of-the-ordinary. See how easy it is to make!
Healthy Raisin Recipe: Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup ofÂ butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Â cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Â driedÂ raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or line a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Begin to add eggs, mixing well.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly stir the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Now slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing well.
6. Once the batter is mixed stir in raisins and coconut.
7. I then use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet lightly rounded the cookie dough into a ball shape pat to flatten slightly.
8. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges.
9. Let cool for a couple minutes on the pan, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
See how easy it is to make a healthy raisin recipe? They’re so moist, chewy and delicious that everyone will be asking for more. These are perfect for serving with milk for the kids and tea for the grownups. Looking for more healthy cookie recipes? Try our Crepe Cookies!
For more delicious recipes featuring raisins for National Raisin Week, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Arroz con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding) from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Raisin Cinnamon Swirl French Toast by Adventures in All Things Food
- Oatmeal Raisin Muffins by Wife Mom Geek
- Carrot Raisin Salad by Thrifty Jinxy
- Make a Simple Cinnamon Raisin Bread by Day by Day in Our World
- Orange Raisin Muffins with Orange Glaze by Mom Does it All
- Chai Raisin Donuts by Upstate Ramblings
- Baby Kale and Raisin Salad by Better in Bulk
- Oatmeal Raisin Apple Muffins by My Sweet Sanity
- Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe – Sneak Fruits & Veggies in for Your Kids! by Frugal Novice
Do you have a favorite healthy raisin recipe? Share it in the comments!