The first time I tried this avocado and shrimp salad recipe, I was at a friend’s house during Christmas holidays. I was awed by this recipe’s taste and presentation! Besides my friend said it was an easy healthy recipe to prepare! Don’t you love when a recipe is easy, healthy and yummy! This is what you get with the avocado and shrimp salad!
Although this easy healthy recipe was served as a delicious appetizer during a holiday party, the greens in it make it a fantastic St. Patrick’s Day recipe too! The great thing about shrimp is that its perfect any time of the year.
How to Make this Avocado & Shrimp Salad Easy Healthy Recipe
- 1 cup of shrimps uncooked. If you are lucky enough, use fresh shrimps, otherwise buy the frozen ones and make sure to thaw them
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 red onion shredded
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ pepper cut into small pieces
- 2 TBSP of coriander
- ½ tsp of lemon juice
- Coriander for decoration
- salt and pepper
- Some shrimps to decorate
Directions for this easy healthy recipe:
- If you are using frozen shrimps: In a large pan, cook shrimps! (Don’t eat them all after because this is what my kids do). Drain the water .
- If you are using fresh shrimps: in a large bowl, cook them for 10 to 15 minutes! Drain from water and clean! I don’t like cooking fresh shrimps because it smells so bad after.
- Peel the avocado and dice it!
- In a large bowl, add avocado and lemon juice.
- Shred the onion.
- Add shrimps, onion, tomato and pepper and top with coriander.
- Add salt and pepper and mix all together.
- Serve in single cups for better presentation.
- Decorate with shrimps and coriander leaves.
This easy healthy recipe makes the perfect start to an amazing meal. Serve it with some delicious garlic bread and it works great as a light lunch too. What do you think of this delicious avocado & shrimp salad recipe? Do you have another favorite way to enjoy shrimp?