Better n’ Eggs Fit2Fight Campaign
Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs ® and AllWhites® – A Healthy Alternative
Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs ® and AllWhites® are fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie alternatives to shell eggs, yet are made from real eggs! Made from eggs whites, they have half the calories of shell eggs, therefore allowing those suffering from Type 2 diabetes to enjoy the foods they love without worrying as much about calorie count. Egg whites are also known to increase recovery time from hypoglycemia by building up adrenal glands, helping to regulate blood sugar.
Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs® and AllWhites® are convenient sources of lean, high-quality protein, which can help control hunger, keeping diabetics fuller, longer, and subsequently helping with weight loss. Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs® and AllWhites® can be used in any recipe that calls for eggs and are very convenient and versatile. Since they are pasteurized, fresh eggs whites, they can be eaten raw, and can therefore be used in recipes such as smoothies.
The following Yummy recipe is from Better’n Eggs website
Wild Mushroom & Onion Frittata Bites
Serves: 48 appetizers
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped wild mushrooms (such as crimimi, shitake, oyster or button)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil*
- 2 cups (16 oz.) AllWhites®
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 mulitgrain wrap
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 24 grape tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- 48 toothpicks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11×7-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Add mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- In medium bowl stir together AllWhites, salt and pepper. Stir in mushroom mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until eggs are almost set. Cool slightly.
- Trim rounded edges off multigrain wrap to make 7-inch square. Cut wrap into 49 (1-inch) squares, discarding one square. Cut baked frittata into 48 (1-inch) squares (cutting 8 crosswise; 6 lengthwise).
- To assemble appetizer thread 1 square wrap, 1 square frittata and 1 half grape tomato onto toothpick. Continue with remaining ingredients to create 48 appetizers. Serve at room temperature.
Be sure to check their website for yummy recipes!! From appetizers to desserts, Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs® and AllWhites® can be used in delicious recipes such as: Bacon Cheddar Mini Egg Cups – Mini Turkey Meatloaves – Almond Crusted Walleye – Vegetable & Grain Quiche.
Twitter Party With Bob Greene
Along with my father and father-in-law, I will be joining Bob Greene, Oprah’s personal trainer, for a Twitter party.
When: on 11/16
Time: from 8-10pm EST at. Bob will be discussing ways to help prevent Type 2 Diabetes, such as replacing high-fat, high-cholesterol foods such as eggs with alternatives like Crystal Farms® Better’n Eggs ® and AllWhites®.
You can win lots of great prizes such as an elliptical, $100 visa gift card, a food scale and more. For more information check this website.
Join the Better ‘n Eggs Fit2Fight Campaign Today!
Type 2 diabetes is a serious illness, but with awareness such as the Fit 2 Fight Campaign and proper lifestyle changes, it is both preventable and manageable. Now, what are you going to do about it?
Disclosure: All opinions are my ours unless otherwise stated. We have been compensated as part of a Global Influence campaign