Sheet pan dinners are a weeknight life saver. Because when life gets busy, I need a one-pot, quick meal for my family.
This recipe is a “meat and three” meal combined on one baking sheet. I choose one meat – chicken – and three vegetables: asparagus, butternut squash, and onions. Then I select a topping – Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs.
You can vary the recipe based on what your family likes.
- Meat: Sausage or pork chops are family favorites.
- Veggies: Opt for potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, apples, brussel sprouts, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or tomatoes.
- Seasoning: Cajun seasoning, taco spices, fresh herbs, a BBQ rub, or grated cheese would be tasty on top.
Chop everything into bite-sized pieces. Hint: diced carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes into smaller chunks so that they cook faster.
Dump your meat and three veggies into a large bowl, and toss with olive oil.
Spread evenly on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the seasoning of your choice over the pan and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until everything is fully cooked and fork tender.
To make this one-pan meal even better, there’s minimal clean up. One knife, one cutting board, one bowl, and one pan. That’s a treat for any chef!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 16oz package fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the chicken into 1 inch strips. Peel and cube the butternut squash into ½ inch cubes. Chop the asparagus into 1 inch chunks (removing the tough ends).
- Toss the chicken, butternut squash, and asparagus together in a bowl with the olive oil. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Spread evenly on a sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Combine the parmesan cheese with the Italian herbs. Sprinkle over the sheet pan, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Sub out the meat and vegetables for your family's favorites!
Hint: Chop carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes smaller so they will cook faster.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 197Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g