As you may have noticed, I am an Equal sweetener fan! As a zero calorie sweetener, it is a great alternative to sugar and there are so many delicious recipes found at the Equal Canada Facebook page.
Lately Equal Canada released a new product: The Yellow Canister. I’ve heard such great things about this package: wide opening that makes it easy to scoop, a tight lid, etc. I am really eager to use it in my recipes. For Valentine’s Day, I prepared great Hearth shaped chocolate chip cookies using Equal Products. But I did not have the chance to use the Yellow canister. It was not available in my local Wal-Mart. Eager to test this new package, I decided to head to another Wal-Mart store.
Before going out shopping, I chose a recipe from Equal Facebook page. This week’s recipe is : Asian Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry! Why I chose it? Because it is really easy and takes 15 minutes to prepare! I am always looking for easy recipes, that contain lots of vegetables and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Unfortunately, I did not find the Yellow Canister in the Wal-Mart store! It seems like it is not popular in my town! You can take a look at my shopping experience in this Google+ album. The only Equal Canada products available in the store were the Equal Spoonful and the Equal Packets. I bought both packages.
For the purpose of the recipe, I went with the Equal spoonful. It will be easier to use than the packets.
Asian Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Here what you need for this recipe:
- 6 tablespoons prepared hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful or Granulated*( May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (3 oz.) package any flavor ramen noodle soup mix
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup baby carrots. You can replace it with red bell pepper.
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (I did not use it in this recipe as my kids don’t like them).
- 1/2 cup baby corn (optional)
Now let’s make it:
- Cook the noodles as per the instructions and keep warm
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium large skillet. Cook chicken for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add broccoli and carrots for few minutes then add onions. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken and stir
- Stir in cooked noodles, add sauce and mix often. Heat until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
Everybody enjoyed this recipe! The kids ate all the vegetables! I will definitely prepare it again: easy to make and healthy. Thank you Equal for this great recipe.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias #Cbias however all opinions are my own.