Did you know about all these delicious things to make with leftover candy canes? Check out 16 yummy Christmas dessert ideas that we found! The hardest part is deciding which to try first!
What is Christmas or the holiday season without candy canes? The fresh minty flavor that adds a holiday touch to so many recipes or is enjoyed just as it is, plucked straight from the Christmas tree. But you might have gotten stuck with more candy canes than you can eat and are looking for creative ways to enjoy them. So with that in mind I have gathered up 16 Uses for Leftover Candy Canes, from hot cocoa to brownies.
Delicious Things to Make With Leftover Candy Canes
- Peppermint Pretzel Sticks-Dipped and coated in crushed peppermint pretzel sticks are great to bring to parties, add to your coffee bar, or Get the recipe.
- Christmas Tree Shaped Brownies- Who says you have to crush up your extra candy canes to use them? Slip the little ones inside a tree shaped brownie for the trunk. Get the recipe.
- Candy Cane Hot Cocoa – Give your favorite chocolate beverage a little kick of peppermint with crushed peppermint candy. Get the recipe.
- Mocha Mint Brownies- Crushed peppermint goes perfect on top of a rich, gooey chocolate brownie, adding that minty bite and a little crunch. Get the recipe.
- Candy Cane Marshmallows- These can be stirred into your hot cocoa or coffee, or enjoyed just as they are for a little treat. Get the recipe.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Potato Chips- My mind was blown when I saw this one, salty crisp tips, white chocolate, and crushed peppermint? Yes please! Get the recipe.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Dip– Pretzels, cookies, fresh fruit will all enjoy taking a dip into this holiday confection. Get the recipe.
- Oreo Peppermint Bark- Oreo’s, white chocolate, and peppermint make a great and simple bark for a holiday treat. Get the recipe.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies- These easy semi homemade chocolate brownies topped with peppermint will definitely warm up your soul on chilly days. Get the recipe.
- Candy Cane Fudge- They had me at fudge, but enjoying it with the holiday flavor of crushed peppermint put it right over the top on my list of must make recipes for the season. Get the recipe.
- Peppermint White Hot Chocolate- I love a white chocolate twist on traditional hot cocoa, especially when it combines with peppermint! Get the recipe.
- Candy Cane Biscotti- This one is just perfect for mom time paired with a delicious hot cup of coffee in the evening (or at breakfast, I won’t tell).Get the recipe.
- Peppermint Meltaway Cookies-Light creamy cookies that just melt in your mouth topped with crushed peppermint sound like the perfect addition to a cookie swap party to me. Get the recipe.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn- Make family get togethers around classic Christmas movies even better with this popcorn treat! Get the recipe.
As you can see, there are so many delicious things you can do with all of those leftover candy canes! If you’re not in the mood to bake or cook, try this: use a candy cane as a stirrer for your coffee, cocoa, or even your tea! You can also crush a bunch up for future recipes. Just store them in a zipper-seal bag somewhere away from moisture. Freeze them first to make for easier crushing. eHow has a pretty good tutorial on crushing and dusting candy canes.