These are the absolute must-haves for your Disney trip. Don’t leave home without them! Seriously, you’ll thank us later!
So, you’re planning a trip to Walt Disney World! One of the most stressful parts of planning is the packing. Of course, you’re going to pack normal items, like clothing, your cell phone, and any medical necessities. However, there are some essential items you won’t want to forget yet may not think about. Here are some must-pack items for your Walt Disney World vacation.
Must-Haves for Your Disney Trip
Affiliate links included below. Thanks for your support!
- Aloe Vera- Aloe Vera is a natural cooling treatment that is used to with skin inflammations, caused by sunburn. With the hot Florida sun, sunburn is always a possibility.
- Bathing suit- While this may be obvious, since you are headed to Florida after all, it is something some people seem to forget. Most of hotels and resorts at Walt Disney World have swimming pools and Disney Parks have 2 water parks, so bathing suits are essential.
- Camera- Yes, we all have cameras on our cell phones! However, with a DSLR camera, you can take advantage its feature settings for nighttime photography and optical zoom.
- Comfortable shoes- While you will likely pack your flip flops and heels, neither of these are ideal for walking around Walt Disney World. Instead, you’ll want to pack your most comfortable pair of shoes or sneakers for touring the parks.
- Hand sanitizer- While Disney World is known as Earth’s Happiest Place, it is not germ-free. Every surface that you touch in the parks has already been touched by numerous other hands. This is when hand sanitizer comes in handy!
- Over-the-counter medications- Purchasing OTC medications at Disney can be rather costly. So, pack your own from home. You’ll likely need Advil, for pain relief; Dramamine, for motion sickness and Tums, for upset stomach.
- Personal portable fan- Even in January, the temperatures in Orlando, Florida can reach the mid-80’s. So, having a personal portable fan can help keep you cool on hot days.
- Portable cell phone chargers- A portable cell phone charger lets you keep your phone charged while you are on the go. This way your phone won’t die when you are in the middle of taking pictures of Cinderella’s Castle.
- Rain coat- While the months of June, July and August see the most rain in Orlando, it can really rain at any time of the year. If you have a rain coat on hand, you won’t be caught off-guard if it does happen to rain.
- Sunglasses- Sunglasses will help to protect your eyes from the sun’s UV rays. Also, they will help to prevent you from squinting when taking pictures.
- Sunscreen- To protect your skin from the hot Florida sun, a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 is recommended.
- USB power hub- A USB power hub will allow you to charge your cell phones at night. It easily plugs right into the wall, featuring several ports.
- Water shoes- Water shoes are great for the Walt Disney World water parks. They are not only ideal for the water, but they will also protect your feet when walking on hot pavement.
If you do forget any of these must-haves for your Disney trip, you can pick some of them up down in Orlando. I highly recommend leaving the park to buy any necessities, though! You’ll pay twice as much within the park as you would if you just left the gates and went to a local Walmart or Target.