July is the perfect time for a family road trip, don’t you think? By now, most kids have been out of school for at least a couple of weeks. They’re probably a bit restless and ready for a grand adventure. I have such fond memories of all the road trips I took as a kid. We stopped at the coolest places along the way and had some incredible family moments that you just can’t get when you fly to your destination.
There are so many possibilities when it comes to a family road trip. From local destinations to cross-country adventures, just about anything goes! Not sure where you want to go? Here are three great Canadian adventure ideas from our friends at Church & Dwight to get your mind wandering and maybe inspire your next trip!
3 Spectacular Family Road Trip Destinations in Canada
- Tofino, British Columbia. Looking for something truly picturesque? Head to Canada’s surf capital – Tofino. Get your family on a ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo and drive along the Pacific Rim Highway for a truly breathtaking view of mountains and lakes, along with rainforest. The area is also known for its trees, which grow in spectacular sizes. Some trees are believed to be 1000 years old.
- Haliburton, Ontario. Truly the quintessential summer escape from the big city, you’ll practically feel the stress lifting as you start driving into cottage country. There are several scenic route options, dotted with great ice cream parlours along the way, which all lead to good times ahead. Whether you stay for the day or rent a cottage, you’ll want to make sure you stop at Webers in Orillia, a Canadian burger landmark since 1963.
- Quebec City, Quebec. Whatever direction you’re coming in from, stop in a few francophone villages on your way into the old city to soak up the culture, food and French! Making your way through the beautiful and lush countryside, you’ll be thrilled to arrive at your final destination: old Quebec City, a city full of history, architecture, cobble stone streets and endless charm.
What to Pack for Your Family Road Trip
Before you head out on a great adventure, make sure you’re well prepared, especially when kids are involved – we’re hoping for less “are we there yet?” and more “wow, this is amazing!” You’ll always want to pack things like a GPS system, snacks, sunscreen, and sun protection, first aid supplies and good music!
To get you ready for your family adventure this summer, here are some very practical products to put in your travel toolkit.
- GRAVOL™ Natural Source™ Ginger Lozenges – curb motion sickness for you and your kids (over the age of six) with these chewable lozenges – convenient, portable and no water required! GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are a great option for your little ones two years and over! (GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are not included in giveaway).
- OxiClean™ Foam Pretreat – spills and stains are bound to happen on road trips, treat them the day they happen and then throw the item in the wash a few days later when you make it to your destination!
- ORAJEL™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste 119g, in either Super Mario™ or The Ultimate Spider-ManTM or My Little Pony™ – with road trips come snacks and fast food so ensuring your little ones are brushing is of the utmost importance.
- Vitafusion™ Women’s and Men’s Complete Multivitamins – are geared towards providing essential nutrients specifically needed by men and women to maintain their health, in a tasty gummy that you can take without water, perfect for on-the-go!
Road Trip Essentials Giveaway
We have a great family road trip essentials giveaway for you! Enter below for a chance to win all those great must-have items! Approximate retail value of the giveaway is $50. Giveaway is open to Canadian residents age of majority, void where prohibited. It ends on August 8th, 2016.
GIVEAWAY ENDED AND CONGRATS TO Amy C.
Let us know what your favourite place is to road trip in Canada!
This post is brought to you by Church & Dwight. All opinions are our own.