Whether you’re planning to have your very first baby or thinking about expanding your family, preparing to get pregnant is an exciting and emotional decision. So many questions float through your mind. How long will it take to get pregnant? Should I track my cycle? If so, what is the easiest way to do it? Will I be a good mom? How do I care for that new bundle of joy? On and on it goes! While I don’t have the answer to every single question that may pop up, I can help with a few of your more urgent questions about preparing to get pregnant. Our partners at Church & Dwight put together a handy list of questions and answers to get you started and on the right track. Let’s check them out!
Planning and prepping for a family? Questions and answers to get you started
- How can I keep track of my cycle? This one is actually pretty simple! Pick up a First Response® Digital Ovulation Test, which predicts your most fertile days based on your personal LH surge. Remember that the best time to start tracking your cycle is before you start trying to conceive. That way, you’ll already have a good idea of your most fertile days. These two days days begin with the LH surge and you are most likely to get pregnant if you have intercourse within 24-36 hours after you detect your personal LH surge. Don’t panic if you’ve never heard of your LH surge before! I didn’t know what it was either until I started trying to conceive. If you’re curious, visit firstresponse.com for more info.
- I think I may be pregnant. Now what? It took me a long time to get pregnant with my son and I was incredibly anxious to find out if it worked. Did you know that the First Response™ Early Result Pregnancy Test can tell you if you’re pregnant up to six days before your missed period? That’s pretty awesome since you don’t have to wait so long to find out! I’m not the most patient person, especially when it comes to something as big as trying to get pregnant!
- Who will take care of me during my pregnancy? You’ll need prenatal care to keep both you and your baby healthy during your pregnancy, whether it’s by a doctor or midwife (or someone else). There are many different options. Do your research and pick the person who you feel most comfortable with. Remember, it’s your decision, so don’t let friends or family sway you in a direction that you don’t want to go.
- What should I pack in my hospital bag? There are lots of great suggestions for the must-have hospital bag items. You can check out our list, or search on Pinterest for other lists that fit your needs. Pick a list that feels right to you and start shopping/collecting the items. You’ll want to have the bag packed and ready to go well before your bundle of joy is set to arrive. Make sure you include a few comfort items!
- How else can I prepare? The most important tip is to enjoy the experience and make sure to take time for yourself! Unwind after a busy day with a good book and a cup of tea. Plan a weekend getaway and sneak away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Curl up on the couch and watch your favourite movie. These are just a few suggestions.
Before you know it, you’ll be holding your little one in your arms. Nine months goes by so quickly and being prepared is essential, especially as you tackle sleepless nights and dozens of diaper changes! I suggest stocking up on the essentials – diapers, baby clothes, blankets and bottles are a must. Don’t forget to also stock the medicine cabinet with diaper cream and something to help with colic, such as OVOL™ Drops, which is a simple, alcohol-free solution that can be added to a bottle or used on its own. It helps relieve discomfort caused by trapped gas, making it easier for babies to pass gas and burp at feeding time. Don’t forget to ask your doctor first to find out if this product is right for your new baby!
- Trojan™ Groove™ Condoms: to keep you satisfied and help you experience maximum pleasure.
- Nair™ WAX READY-STRIPS for Bikini & Underarm with Nourishing Coconut Milk Oil: no warming or rubbing required, just peel and place! The new medium size strip is perfect for the bikini area.
- OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover: to prep for the big night and ensure your bedding is clean and crisp.
- Batiste™ Dry Shampoo Original: Hot date but not enough time to wash your hair? Batiste Dry Shampoo helps to eliminate excess oil, instantly refreshing your hair!
- RUB™ A535 Anti-Inflammatory: providing targeted pain relief, this product will reduce muscle aches and ensure you are feeling your best for a special Valentine’s Day celebration.
- Vitafusion Men’s and Women’s Multivitamins: are specially formulated for him and her to help maintain good health. These gummy vitamins are a fusion of essential vitamins, minerals and naturally sourced fruit flavours.
Approx. value: $70
We have a great giveaway for all of you, whether you’re trying to conceive or not, from our partners at Church & Dwight filled with items to help you look and feel your best for those romantic date nights. Enter below for your chance to win. Giveaway ends on March 10th and is open to Canadian residents only. Good luck!