Trying to conceive a baby is supposed to be an exciting time. For many couples, it really IS a joyous time! They plan, they try, they conceive. For those of us who have struggled with infertility, though, it can quickly become a bit clinical. The thing is, when you take the joy out of it, it’s almost like your body knows you’re trying too hard.
Okay, so that’s not exactly a scientifically proven fact. A scientific study published in 2010, however, did show that stress hormones can interfere with your ability to get pregnant. I know all too well that saying “just stop stressing” is like telling the sun “just stop rising.” I have been there, my friends. Done that. Got a closet full of t-shirts.
How to Put the Joy Back into Trying to Conceive
While trying to conceive can be complicated (to say the least), you CAN put the joy back into it. How do you do that when you’re relying on ovulation predictor kits (OPKs) to tell you when to do the baby dance (have sex)? Try these tips!
- Use your fertility tracker to plan date nights. If you’ve been TTC for a few months, chances are you have a good idea of your fertile days even without those OPKs. Plan a few date nights around those magical days. Dinner and a movie, for example, on the first day you’re potentially ovulating. Movie night in on the second. Anything to make the “baby dance” feel more like a spontaneous salsa dance after a fun night out rather than a perfectly choreographed fox trot.
- Add romance to regular meals. Add a spark of romance to your regular meal on the days your OPK says “go!” You don’t have to make fancy meal. Even cutting your toast into heart shapes and serving the eggs on red plates can turn a plain breakfast into a special event! For dinner, turn down the lights and add a few candles. Voila! Instant romance!
- Put the dancing back in the baby dance! If you and your partner love slow dancing together, put on some music and dance through a song before doing the dance for the baby! It will help you feel more connected.
- Remember why you started the journey. When trying to conceive gets rough, it’s easy to lose sight of why you started trying in the first place. Stop for a moment and think about that. Whatever the reason- starting a family or growing one- it began out of love. Love for yourself, your partner and your future child. There’s nothing more joyful than love.
- Make it more comfortable! Sometimes that ovulation predictor kit says “go” and your body says “no!” When that happens, things tend to dry up in places that aren’t meant to be dry during the baby dance. In the past, using a traditional lubricant was pretty much out of the question. Now, with Astroglide Trying To Conceive™, you don’t have to worry about that.
When you’re trying to conceive, it’s vital to give sperm the best environment possible. Those little swimmers are incredibly strong, but they can’t survive unless your environment has the right pH balance, sodium and potassium levels and cervical mucus consistency. Traditional lubricants can wreak havoc on that environment.
Astroglide TTC™, on the other hand, is compatible with sperm, oocytes (immature egg cells) and embryos, according to studies. It also allows your partners sperm to move freely. How does it do all that? It’s specially formulated to be more like your own cervical mucus. It also contains galactose, a substance found in sperm, plus fructose, which may give the sperm energy. Of course, like all Astroglide products, it also temporarily relieves dryness during sexual activity, making the baby dance much more comfortable.
With a retail price of $12.99, Astroglide TTC™, is the best value compared to its competitors. It comes in easy-to-use pre-filled applicators, making it less messy since you don’t have to fill them yourself. Find out where to buy Astroglide TTC™. Check out their Facebook and Pinterest page to keep up with news and learn more. Already tried it? Share your testimonial!
When you’re trying to get pregnant, it’s really easy to let the experience become clinical. By putting the joy back in it, though, you’ll help take a lot of stress off yourself and your partner. I’m not saying you can never think about how hard it is or how heartbroken you are when another month goes by. As someone who lived through it for six years, I would never tell you to do something that I couldn’t do. Just don’t let it be ALL there is to your life and relationship. Find the joy and hold on to it. Hopefully, in the end, you’ll be holding on to a whole different kind of joy!
Have you been trying to conceive for a while? What do you do to put the joy back into it?
Astroglide TTC™ sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine
7 thoughts on “5 Tips for Putting the Joy Back into Trying to Conceive”
My friend has been trying to conceive for like 5 years now. She’s been on fertility pills for years now too. I will share this with her.
This is my first time to heard this brand, I’m so happy, I’m sure a lot of people that has a problem with fertility would love this good news.
I’m happy to see that they have products like this to help women who are trying to conceive. It’s hurtful enough with those who have a hard time conceiving and I am sure it’s helpful for them too.
Getting pregnant was relatively easy for me and I was in no rush either! It makes me feel so guilty for for some friends of mine who have been trying for ages and dying to be moms!
I’m glad that they have products like this for families trying to conceive. Thanks for sharing.
It took me 4 years to get pregnant with my first child. Sometimes it can be hard to relax and go with the flow. Date night always helped me.
I was able to get pregnant right away, but I imagine that if TTC became a chore, it definitely wouldn’t be fun anymore.