Disclosure: this post is brought to you by Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity expert!Â
Pokemon has always had a special place in my heart. When my son was born ( 11 years ago), my brother got him a Pikachu Pokemon plush toy. My son grew up cuddling and playing with that toy! When he got older, he played with Pokemon games on his Nintendo DS and watched Pokemon episodes! He was all about these little cute little characters!
When I got the opportunity to interviewÂ Seth McMahill a Nintendo Pokemon expert, I was curious to have Â an insider look at why kids love the game so much! After all, the iconic PokÃ©mon video games have sold millions of copies worldwide since the franchise was first introduced in North America nearly 15 years ago.Â Isn’t that amazing?
I wanted also to learn more about their newest game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, as it launched on the 3DS.Â But first let’s learn a bit about our interviewee:
About Seth McMahill: AÂ NintendoÂ Pokemon expert and a Dad
For over the last 12 years, Seth has been involved in Pokemon at work and in life. He is an assistant manager of product marketing for the Pokemon video games series. He has been with Nintendo of America for more than 12 years! That’s nearly my son’s age! He is responsible for all mannerÂ PokÃ©mon game-related activities. â€œIf it has anything to do with a PokÃ©mon game, Iâ€™m involved in it!â€ he says.Â Seth is also a dad. He plays with his kids and the neighbors too. I am sure he is the coolest dad on the block! He learned some tricks while playing with his children and neighbors. All those years of Pokemon involvement make him an expert in this field!!
About Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity: A Never Ending Adventure!Â
I was curious to learn about this new game and what makes it stand out. Here are some features of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity:
- It is the first one on Nintendo 3DS!
- It is a role playing game! Players can Â become one of the Â Pokemon characters: Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott or Axew!
- They can explore a massive variety of dungeon! They will never see a dungeon twice! It is a new experience and challenge each time
- They will Â live in a world inhabited by Pokemon!
- One of the coolest features of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity that I am sure many kids (and older ones) will love is that you can scan any circular object with your Nintendo 3DS camera! It will create a portal to a mystery dungeon that you can explore! Seth shared that he went to grocery story and scanned oranges and any otherÂ circularÂ objects to see what dungeons it will create!
Want to play with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates toÂ infinityÂ You can buy it at any major retailer! Target , ToysRUs, or Amazon for $34.99. Download content for the game! Until April 30th, you can get one free dungeon with your purchase!Â
Â Exclusive Insider Tips from Seth: Watch the video!
During the interview, we asked Seth what made Pokemon such a success! What words of advice he had for children if they wanted to get a job in the video game industry. What madeÂ Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity stand out fro the other games. And of course what is his favorite Pokemon character!
Do you want to know the answer! Watch the video below!