Looking for delicious apple recipes for kids? You absolutely MUST try this amazing (if I do say so myself) homemade crepes with apple butter recipe. My kids devoured it! Plus check out more amazing apple recipes!
Apple season is in full swing in my city. Soon we will be going apple picking and have loads of apples on our hand to eat, cook, bake. While the best way to eat this delicious fruit is as is, we don’t want to go to waste. One of my favorite apple recipes is maple apple butter. It is a prefect topping for your homemade waffles or your homemade crepes. But you can also use them as an ingredient in your batter and this is what I did today in one of my favorite apple recipes for kids!
Adding apple butter to your cooking is a great substitute for sugar. It is a also another way to sneak in fruits for your non-fruit fans at home. I am not always in favor of sneaking in things in food but sometimes you have no choice when kids don’t like fruits and veggies. By doing this, I hope I develop their palate for this flavor and maybe in the future, they will eat that fruit or vegetable as is. Let’s see how I made these crepes with apple butter.
Recipes for Kids: Homemade Crepes With Apple Butter
- 2 Cups of flower
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 1/2 cup of milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of maple apple butter
- Apple diced
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- In a large bowl, add flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and eggs.
- Add them slowly to the flour while whisking.
- Add the maple apple butter.
- Heat a non stick pan
- Add some margarine
- Scoop some of the crepe batter
- Top with apples and honey or maple syrup.
This crepe batter turned out amazing. It added so much flavor to it without being too strong. Even my teen (who is not an apple fan) loved it. These apple butter crepes are perfect for breakfast or as a snack. I usually double the batch, cook them and serve them for the week. They can stay in the fridge in an air tight container for few days. You can also freeze them. You will find them handy on those busy mornings or those lazy Saturday mornings where you don’t feel like cooking.
As I am a huge fan of apples, make sure to take a look at my apple recipes.
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- Apple Stamp Craft from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
Do you have any favorite apple recipes for kids? Tell me about them in the comments!