Here what you need for this basic crepe batter recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups of milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add in the milk, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter. Beat until smooth. If the batter seems thick, add some milk. You don’t need to rest the batter. It is ready to use.
- The secret of a well cooked crepe, is a well heated frying pan. So heat a frying pan for about 15 minutes. Add in some cooking spray or margarine. Pour one large scoop of the mixture and tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.Cook for about 1 minute. Turn and cook the other side.
This is the result:
- As a dessert: You can spread nutella and your favorite fruits : bananas, strawberries, etc!!
- As a lunch: while cooking the crepe on the frying pan, add some cheese and tuna and fold it.Enjoy..
And you how do you like your crepe?