This Roasted Pumpkin Soup easy soup recipe contains affiliate links.
Now if you read my latest post about pumpkin carving, you will know by now that I NEVER carved a pumpkin before! Well I never carved a pumpkin and never cooked a pumpkin soup! I should have done that years before because it is such an easy soup recipe! Most of all my son (who is in his teen years and whining about vegetables I cook) ate it and asked for more! Easy, healthy and loved by everyone: what more could a mom ask for? So let’s get started!
Easy Soup Recipe: Delicious Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients for this easy soup recipe
This easy soup recipe was inspired from the book: Soups & Stews (bay books)
- 1 Pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped!
- 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic. It is better to use fresh garlic and chop it but I am too lazy for that and don’t like the smell of garlic on my hands after. I buy the ready-to-use garlic!
- 4 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes!
- 4 cups of stock! I used chicken broth stock
How to prepare it:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- The original recipe suggested cutting the pumpkin into small chunks and then cooking it in the oven. I did the other way round: I washed the pumkin, cut in half and cooked for 30 minutes on oven tray! I find it easier to scoop the pumkin when it is cooked ! Pumkins can be hard to cut. As I am always looking for easy recipes and most importantly: fast ways to cook, I prefer my way. But both ways work!
- Once cooked, scoop out the flesh! I did not even bother to mash!
- In a saucepan, heat oil, add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until onion becomes soft! Make sure to supervize this step because the onion can become brown quickly and the taste will not be good! (or even bad)
- Add the pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to boil!
- Let simmer until potato is cooked! You can test it with a toothpick! (let’s say around 45 minutes
- Then put it in your blender!
Some people add cream to it but I do not like that. I added some 2% milk and some shredded cheese! Perefection. Serve it with some spinach meat balls and garlic bread and you have an easy healthy meal that everybody will love.
This Easy Soup Recipe was featured at Bubbly Nature Creations! Thank you for the feature!
Easy Soup Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Soup is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options