Few weeks ago, I organized a play date for my year old. I prepared a fudge cake brownie for the kids and a pistachio cake for the moms. It was the first time I make this cake recipe. I was taking huge risks. Usually I test the recipe before sharing it with my guests. But my mother (my recipe provider) assured me that this cake recipe is easy to make. I could not miss it!
As usual my mother was right. This pistachio cake recipe was a hit among the moms. It was very easy to make and took only 30 minutes. Of course buying a cake from the store is much more easier: You don’t have to cut, wash dishes, and get nervous if your cake is a flop. But it is much more expensive and you will miss all this joy when you see that smile on your guest’s face when they eat your cake.
Ingredients for the Pistachio cake recipe
- 6 eggs
- 6 Tablespoon of sugar. I mixed a sweetener with the sugar.
- 3 Tablespoons of flour
- 10 Tablespoons of crushed pistachio. You can replace them with hazelnuts.
- Whipping cream for the topping
- Heat the oven on 160F
- Separate the eggs whites from the yolk. This is the hardest part!
- Mix the yolks with the sugar until the mixture becomes creamy
- Add in the pistachio and the flour. Leave a spoon of pistachio for decorations.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff white peaks. The key to have those white peaks is to have a clean and dry bowl and beaters (I mean very clean: no residue on them). Beat them at room temperature
- Add the white peaks to the first mixture. Mix it slowly with a spoon.
- In a square cake pan, pour the mixture and cook for 30 minutes or until knife comes out dry.
- Let it rest and then decorate with the whipping cream and pistachio.