Cucumbers aren’t just for your salad! Did you know that there is a myriad of beauty uses for cucumbers? The veggie is loaded with awesome skin-beneficial vitamins, like K and C. Plus it’s relatively inexpensive, ranging from $0.80-$1.25 per cucumber, so you can load up your cart and reap the benefits without breaking your budget! Check out a few of my favorite beauty uses for cucumbers!
Related: How to Pick Out the Perfect Cucumber
Beauty Uses For Cucumbers
Cucumber is a natural toner, making it ideal for fighting oily skin and bringing life back into a dull complexion. They also work wonders at unclogging your pores. For a super easy cucumber toner, just grab a few slices and rub them all over your face and your neck. Let it dry for 30 minutes then rinse well and dry
Make a hydrating face mask with cucumbers and plain yogurt. Just slice a ½ of cucumber with skin off and mix in a blender with a ⅓ cup of yogurt, then apply to face and neck. Let it sit for about 15 minutes and wash off.
Cucumber is great for firming and can help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. To make an anti-aging mask, mix cucumber with one egg white and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in blender apply to face and neck, let sit for 15 minutes and rinse.
This is probably the most famous of the beauty uses for cucumbers! The cooling properties along with the antioxidants helps rejuvenate the skin. Using cucumbers as an eye treatment doesn’t get any easier than this: just slice 2 pieces off, one for each eye. Place a slice over each eyelid for 20 minutes, then remove. You should notice a difference right away, but you’ll see longer-lasting effects if you do this daily.
You know you should be wearing sunscreen to prevent sunburn in the first place, right? Still, sometimes we managed to get burned! Place sliced cucumbers on sunburned areas for instant relief. Repeat as needed to help speed up the healing!
More fantastic beauty uses for cucumbers
- Grate up a cucumber and apply it to your skin to help reduce breakouts. Just leave it on for 15-20 minutes, then rinse.
- Mix a few drops of lime juice into cucumber juice, apply to skin to reduce oiliness and boost radiance.
- Going swimming in a chlorinated pool? Fight damage from the chemicals with a hair mask! Make a mash of cucumber, olive oil, and one egg, then rub it into your hair. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Drink cucumber and carrot juice daily for gorgeous hair! The silicon in the two veggies helps promote healthy hair growth
Of course, you can also reap the beauty benefits of cucumbers by routinely incorporating them into your diet! Need a few ideas? Check out our favorite recipes:
- Tomato & Cucumber Summer Salad Recipe with Orange Juice Dressing
- Easy, healthy recipe: Butterball Turkey, Tomato & Cucumber Sandwich
Do you have any favorite beauty uses for cucumbers? Share in the comments!