Tis the season for Christmas cookie recipes for kids! Check out these easy recipe and get baking together tonight!
My daughter and I are huge cookie bakers! We love trying new recipes for kids and every occasion is a good one to bake. Since Christmas is on its way we decided to bake delicious Christmas cookies! The problem is, my daughter was tired of baking the same chocolate chip cookies over and over but I was lacking inspiration for Christmas cookie recipes. Then we found inspiration in a book for kids: Biscuits de Noel! The book features great Christmas cookie recipes for kids. Some of them are a bit on the fancy side, while others are easier to bake! We decided on an easy recipe for kids! Check it out and make up a batch with your kids tonight!
Christmas Cookie recipes for kids
The beauty of going with easy Christmas cookie recipes for kids like this one is that you can really customize it any way you want. Take a look at how we did it. Keep in mind that you can switch out the sprinkles for other types of toppings. You can also use different colored icings to create fun effects. Let your child’s imagination run wild!
Ingredients for the cookie recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup of icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flower
- Ingredients for the icing of the cookies
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp of hot water
How to bake this easy Christmas Cookie recipe for kids
- In a large bowl, add butter and mix until it becomes smooth
- Add sugar and mix well! Of course my daughter was the chef! I was the helper! I measured the ingredients and she took care of mixing!
- Add the egg and vanilla extract!
- Add flower and mix until you have a nice dough
- Cover the dough with cooking sheet and let it rest in the fridge for 3o minutes! The wait is the toughest part! To alleviate it, my daughter and I prepare the cookie cutters and decide on which to choose!
- Roll the dough and use the cookie cutter to have nice Christmas shapes for your cookies!
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes!
- Let the Christmas cookies rest for 5 minutes! During that time, prepare the icing!
- Mix the icing sugar with 2 tbsp of hot water!
- Decorate the Christmas cookies with icing sugar and sprinkles!
It is very easy to bake these Christmas cookies for kids! My daughter and I had a blast during this great activity for kids! She even offered some of them to her friend at school! And guess what? Her mom called me to ask for the recipe!!