For this upcoming Mother’s Day, I decided to go with a homemade gift idea for my mom. As the years pass, I find it hard to get her a creative gift that will put a smile on her face. I thought a nice decorated glass bottle will be a great idea and will add a nice touch to her decor. My daughter was on board for this project. Fortunately for me because I am not a very handy person. I usually come up with the ideas and she is more than willing to execute them. It is a win win situation for me.
Painted Glass Bottle Homemade Mother’s Day Gift Idea
Affiliate links included below.
- Glass bottles with different shapes (get a dollar stores, flea markets or on Amazon)
- Paint brush
- Outline paint
- Glitter paint
Optional: flower to decorate. As I was making this homemade Mother’s Day gift idea, I did not have a fresh flower from the garden. I chose a plastic one (for the purpose of the picture) but a fresh flower would provide a much better result.
How to make:
I actually didn’t do much of the decorating myself for this homemade Mother’s Day gift idea. I let my daughter go with her creative flow. My daughter wanted to paint a flower on the glass. It did not come out as she wished but I loved it. I like this special kid’s touch on homemade gifts. It feels like a truly genuine gift from the heart. Basically, the steps are:
- Let the paint dry
- Then tie the ribbon
- Add a flower if you wish
As you can see, this is really a simple homemade Mother’s Day gift idea, yet it comes out so cute. It’s easy enough that kids can do it with minimal help. You don’t need to be super crafty to make it. On the other hand, if you have a special talent, like painting, you can really show it off in your design. Mother’s Day Gifts – DIY Mother’s Pendant
For more easy gift ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- DIY Lavender Facial by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy Cookie Platter Mother’s Day Gift by A Mom’s Take
- DIY Mother’s Day Herb Garden Gift by Mom Does It All
- DIY Vanity Tray by Style on Main
- Thanks a Latte Teacher Gift by Simply Southern Mom
- DIY Shea Butter Lotion Bars by Better in Bulk
- DIY Mother’s Day Coupon Book for Twin Moms by Mom on the Side
- DIY Butterfly Wall Hanging by Home and Garden Cafe
- Party Worthy Spinach Salad with Strawberries by Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Aromatherapy Shower Fizzies by My So Called Balanced Life
- Easy DIY Photo Coasters & a Delicious Mocktail to Spoil Mom by Two Boys One Girl One Crazy Mom
- DIY Kitchen Herb Garden Gift by About a Mom
- Pasta Picture Frame by Upstate Ramblings
- Add Some Style to Your Sunglasses BY Gretasday
- Easy Marquee Letter Craft by Momma D Jane’s Blog
- School’s Out for Summer Gift by The Guavalicious Life
Do you have a favorite homemade Mother’s Day gift idea? Share in the comments!