With the freezing weather we are experiencing this winter, I find myself preparing soups on a daily basis. One of my favorites is this chicken noodle soup recipe. It is very easy to prepare and filling. I usually make it the day following a chicken roast. I use the rest of the roast as a base for my soup. It makes a perfect chicken stock and adds so much flavor to the soup.
This chicken noodle soup recipe is also my daughter’s favorite lunch. She enjoys this hot meal with crackers on the side. Who doesn’t on a freezing day? I cannot believe how harsh this winter is! My scarf literally freezes when I walk my daughter to school. Since we cannot change the temperature, let’s see how we can stay warm.
Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup of shredded chicken. I use the remaining of my chicken roast. If you don’t have, use chicken breasts.
- 1/4 of your favorite noodles
- 1/4 of frozen vegetables: I use the one that has peas, carrots.
- 1 celery washed and sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 TBSP of olive oil
- 4 cups of chicken stock. I use my chicken roast as a base for my chicken stock. But you can use any store-bought chicken stock.
- In a large pot, heat oil, add onions and let it cook until onions are tender and soft
- Add celery and stir
- Add the chicken. If you are using the remaining chicken roast, let it cook for few minutes. If you are using raw chicken, make sure to cook it well until it is no longer pink
- Add the stock
- Bring it to boil
- Once water boiled, add the frozen vegetables and the noodles.
- Let it cook for few minutes.
That’s it. As easy as that. If you are a little more adventurous with taste, add some Curry paste to your chicken stock. I love to spice up my meals with curry paste. Sometimes, I add some Tabasco. I am fond of spicy food, like my curried sweet potato soup!
I love the way the curry helps warm me up! Both soups go great with some homemade garlic bread.
What do you think of this chicken noodle soup recipe? Are you eating a lot of soups during this frigid winter?
The Best Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options