Take a look at how to make homemade garlic bread. It’s the perfect easy healthy recipe to go along with your favorite entree, like our Eggplant in the Oven!
Dinner is a very busy time at my home. Everyone is hungry. I am trying to finish up work on my site that needs to be done. The kids want to hurry up and eat dinner so that they can go off to sports activities or to spend time with friends. I try to make sure that I have something healthy to serve for dinner but sometimes I am short on time. I don’t want to buy fast food or something that is overly processed and full of chemicals. When I am short on time at dinner, I generally turn to spaghetti or a pasta dish. To make dinner a little bit more special, I make homemade garlic bread to go with it.
Homemade garlic bread is an easy healthy recipe that anyone can make. Often, the frozen garlic bread that can be purchased at the grocery store is very high in sodium. Since my husband has high blood pressure, he is trying to keep the amount of sodium he eats to a minimum. He loves homemade garlic bread because it is better for him than the high sodium version in the grocery store.
How to make this easy healthy recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3-8 minutes
Ingredients for Homemade Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf of fresh ciabatta bread from the bakery
- 5 to 6 tsp of minced garlic
- 6 tbsp of softened butter
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley (I use curly leaf parsley but you can use Italian parsley if you prefer.)
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for this easy healthy recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Slice the fresh ciabatta bread into slices about an inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix the minced garlic, softened butter, freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, the salt and pepper, and the chopped fresh parsley.
- Spread it on the sliced ciabatta bread.
- Place the bread, buttered side up, on a piece of tin foil in the oven.
- Broil it at 450F until the butter melts and the top of the ciabatta bread starts to get golden brown.
- Check the homemade garlic bread after about 3 minutes to see if it is done. Watch it carefully as it will burn if you leave it in the oven for too long.
When you remove the homemade garlic bread from the oven, you can sprinkle on more grated Parmesan or Romano cheese on top if you want to make homemade cheesy garlic bread. Either way it is delicious.