Making crafts with toddlers can be tough because they cannot manipulate many supplies such as scissors, glue! But with some patience and creativity, you can entertain your toddler, have fun and enhance some fine motor skills. The following crafts are easy to make! They still need your help to organize the activity and clean up!
Summer crafts for toddlers
Ice Cube water coolers
- Ice cube tray
- Food coloring
- Squeeze drops of food coloring in the ice tray compartment. If your toddler is old enough, he can do it
- Cover with water. This is a fun task but can be messy. Try to do this summer craft activity outdoors
- Put in the freezer
- Toddlers can play with these colored iced cubes on a paper!
You can replace the water with their favorite juice. They can add them to their water bottle. It will add flavor and color!
- Large piece of paper
- Paint brushes
- Leave this to your child creativity. Let the toddler paint anything he wants.
- Let the paint dry
- You can put this painting in his room! He will proud of his summer craft!
This summer craft for toddlers is fun. If you have more than one child, you can divide the paper into 2 sections, where each one can decorate it on his own.
- Dishwashing liquid
- Tape and light corn syrup
Make this easy summer craft for toddlers (Inspired from FamilyFun.go)
- I am sure this summer activity will be a hit among toddlers and even grown up kids! It can be a bit messy so it is better if you can do it in the backyard. With the sun, you will have fun shades and maybe some rainbow bubbles.
- Mix 1 cup of water with 1/3 cup of dishwashing liquid and 2 tablespoons of corn syrup. For your toddler’s safety, make sure to do this task!
- Your toddler can tape the straws together. It will enhance his fine motor skills.
- Put the straws in the bubble mixture and let the fun begin: blow.
Playing with your child is very important. It develops many skills: social ones, motor ones and creativity! Having fun with your toddler during the summer does not have to be complicated or expensive. Those easy summer crafts for toddlers are fun, on a budget.
Do you have a favorite summer craft for toddlers? Share it with us! We would love to learn from you!