I have used a water filter pitcher for few years now. I love it because it is easy to use and it makes the tap water taste so good and fresh. It is also eco-friendly, as you don’t need to buy bottled water anymore. The only problem is that I can’t put it in my purse when I go on a bike ride or shopping. It is too large. Each time, I had to fill a reusable water bottle with filtered water. But when you ride for 1 hour, you need to drink a lot and your reusable water bottle needs a refill at least one. Since I refused to buy any plastic water bottle, I had to refill it with tap water or water fountains. It was not as tasteful and fresh as my filtered water. When I got the opportunity to review the Rubbermaid Filter Fresh Water bottle, I was so excited. This will solve my problem and will help me make another step toward eco-friendly habits.
Let’s check Rubbermaid Filter Fresh Bottle Characteristics
- Hold up to 20 oz which is perfect for my bike rides
- Comes in several colors, including: Baltic Teal, Lime, Black, Plum
- Price: $9.99 and comes with a filter.
- It has a finger loop which is convenient if you go on a walk or shopping
- It fits cup holders, which is perfect for a car, a bike or a stroller
- The Rubbermaid filter features a built-in tracking dial to remind you when it is time to replace your filter. I find this feature very practical because you don’t have keep track of when you need to change the filter. Just set the dial for 2-3 months and you will know when it is time to replace it.
- Each filter provides the equivalent of 300 bottles. You save money, make another eco-friendly step in your home and drink fresh water.
- The Rubbermaid Filter Fresh water bottle has a twist on cap. I also like the narrow mouth opening, which avoids any spills.
- It has a screw tight lid to prevent leaking. I tested the bottle in my purse and it worked perfectly. I tested while I was riding a bike and no water leaked.
- It is dishwasher safe (on the top rack) and ice-cube friendly
- BPA free, which is a must for me.
- Below are the refills for the filters
First time use of the Rubbermaid Filter Fresh Water Bottle
- You need to unscrew the filter, remove the overwrap and reattach.
- Fill with tap water. The first time I could not fill with water properly. I screwed the lid so tight that the water could not get in the bottle. The lid needs to be a bit loose.
- Squeeze over sink to flush the water
- Refill and enjoy
My review of the Rubbermaid Filter Fresh Water Bottle
I am in total love with this bottle. I use it everywhere: in the grocery store, during my bike rides, in the park with the kids. It is so convenient and lightweight. I just fit it in my bag or on my bike and I am set. When the bottle is empty, I just fill it from a water fountain or any water tape, and I have a fresh water in few seconds. Believe me, you will notice the difference when you try it. You will love the water taste and you will make another eco-friendly step.
I really appreciate the wide lid. I can easily slip in some ice cubes. During the hot summer days, I will slip in some iced juice cubes. It will be a treat on the beach! The finger loop attaches to the lid. I will not lose the lid!! This is a GREAT addition for me. With my earlier bottles, I used to lose my lids every time and can’t use them anymore.
My son tried this bottle during some school days. He had such bad experiences with his previous bottles: either he lost the lid, or the bottle leaked on his school papers (because the bottle did not have a tight lid). I always had a note from the teacher asking me to change the bottle because it made a mess in the classroom. With this Rubbermaid Filter Fresh Water bottle, everything was fine. He even told me: the water tastes so good!! This is great news. Now I need to get another bottle for me because he did not want to give it back.
Giveaway: win this eco-friendly bottle.
Do you want to try this bottle, taste this fresh water and make another eco-friendly step? You can! Enter to win this eco-friendly Rubbermaid Fresh Filter bottle as well as Filter Fresh Filter Refill ! ARV ($19.98)
Mandatory entry: Leave a comment sharing with me your best eco-friendly tip! I want to learn from you! Don’t forget to fill in the form after. The giveaway is open to Canadian residents only. It is void in Quebec.
Disclosure: We received a free bottle and refills for the purpose of the review. No monetary compensation was received
CONGRATULATION TO THE WINNER: Amy. C